Current version of API lacks this functionality

39 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Add-in: PowerPoint  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Make the E5 Developer Subscription Available To Existing Developers

Microsoft have decided to make the E5 Developer Subscription available to only new developer subscriptions. Can this be made available to existing developers?

https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepoint/blogs/new-microsoft-365-e5-subscription-with-ems-now-available-for-developers/

47 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    In Backlog  ·  5 comments  ·  Developer portals & programs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Insert Visual Basic 6.0 programming language as default on Windows 10 updates

This is one of the fastest programming languages out there. Let's be realistic, all the "top" listings in which VB. NET is in top, are pure lies. VB6 was, is, and will be used by many, constantly. Young people constantly come to VB6 in a natural way. People simply use VB6 because is smart, fast and powerful (and independent of .NET).

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Developer portals & programs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow displayMessageForm to open itemId in same window

Currently displayMessageForm method is opening the message pointed by itemId in a new window.

It will be great if we could pass an option to the method Office.context.mailbox.displayMessageForm() that allows to replace the current visualized message with the new message indicated in itemId.

The use case that I want to enable here is to programmatically navigate with add-in javascript to arbitrary messages knowing their itemIds.

31 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Add-in: Outlook  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow administrators to pin Office Add-ins

With the preview release of "the new Outlook" on OWA, Office Add-ins are now buried in the drop down context menu in an email. Additionally, it appears they do not follow the same behavior of Outlook on the desktop, where Office Add-ins will show in the larger ribbon if used more frequently.

According to this article, Office Add-ins can be pinned if they are used frequently:

If you were using add-ins in the classic Outlook on the web experience, they will show up pinned next to mail actions or in the drop-down menu once you open an email in the…

211 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Add-in: Outlook  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Provide update for retail version of Office 2019 to get most recent Javascript API

There are several new features that are going to be released this year like Custom Functions or Dynamic Arrays which are extremely critical for our Addin and our customers. And those won't be available for retail version of Office 2016/2019

Microsoft should provide at least one time update for the Office 2019 to support these features so our customers can leverage the functionality ASAP without having to wait for next retail version!

For us it is critical thing as there are quite a lot customers preferring retail versions over Office365 subscription.

150 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Add-in: Shared APIs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Enable single sign-on (SSO) for Office Add-ins

The Single Sign-on API is currently supported in office.js preview.

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Add-in: General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Make it possible to add custom buttons to the text selection tooltip

Currently, when selecting text, a menu appears with formatting options such as font size, weight, and color. It would be useful if custom buttons could be added to this menu. This would make it easy to use features that process selected text.

32 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Add Office.EventType.ItemChanging event for Outlook

Adding Office.EventType.ItemChanging event will greatly help add-in developers to write robust code to handle changing mail items.

With a ItemChanging event that fires before Office.context.mailbox.item changes to the new context, we can write cleaner transition state logic, avoiding operations meant for previous item from bleeding into the next item.

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Trying to save a blob file in Outlook for macOS using javascript

Ok so I have a Blob file that I'm trying to save on local disk (the Blob is created locally from an ArrayBuffer). The problem I'm facing is that Outlook for macOS does not want to open a FileSaverDialog or something similar to let the user save the file.

My code is working perfectly in Outlook for Web (OWA) on all browsers (including Safari) and Outlook for Windows.

const blob = new Blob([body]); //body is an ArrayBuffer created locally
    const link = document.createElement('a');
    if (link.download !== undefined) {
    const url = URL.createObjectURL(blob);
    link.setAttribute('href', url);
    link.setAttribute('download', fileName);
    link.style.visibility = 'hidden';
    document.body.appendChild(link); …

84 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Fix Office js recipientType discrepancy for Outlook on Windows

We use Office.js to build an Outlook web add-in and we make use of the calls composeItem.to.getAsync where the compose Item is Office.context.mailbox.item. The call returns an array of recipients of Office.EmailAddressDetails objects and are as described in this documentation.

In the latest version(s) of Windows Outlook (16.0.11901.20204 and 16.0.11901.20070), we can observe a discrepancy in the resulting EmailAddressDetails.recipientType to the above call when it comes to Dynamic Distribution Groups. We observe that the recipientType used to be distributionList on a slightly older version of Windows Outlook (16.0.11328.20362). But now, the recipientType returns other for Dynamic Distribution Groups. This discrepancy…

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Add Windows to "Microsoft 365 E5 Developer"

Need to test and work with Microsoft Virtual Desktop and use autopilot scenarios for Enterprise testing. The Pro to Enterprise step up integrated into Azure AD is needed

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Developer portals & programs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Bring back the configuration to always open the compose form in a popup from OWA

There was a checkbox in 'the old' OWA which, when checked, ensured that the Compose form (new message, reply, forward) opened in a popup. Please bring that functionality back.

The problem is that my read-pane add-in has a timer which the user can start to record the time spent on writing the reply to a message. I want to record that time in my application. When the compose form opens, the read-pane add-in gets closed and hence we lose the time spent. When the compose form opens in a popup, the read-pane add-in stays in its place and the user…

30 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Sync roaming settings asynchronously

Currently, for the roaming settings to sync, we need to close the add-in, close and re-open the other client we are trying. For example, if we save data in an outlook adding in a browser, we need to close that addin first to get the data saved. And to sync it with another client (Mobile or another browser), that client needs to be closed and re-opened.

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Add-in: Outlook  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Add support for web office add-ins development on Linux

Hi,

As the title says, I can't develop add-ins for web office on Linux.
    I followed the documentation on creating OneNote add-in, but when I run npm run start:web, I get this:

Debugging is being started...
    App type: web
    Unable to start the dev server. Error: Platform not supported: linux
    Debugging started.

Thanks in advance

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Office Developer Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Allow removing all the ItemChanged handlers registered by the add-in

I am unable to unregister a previously registered event handler for ItemChanged event when the handler function is no more available in the page's scope. So there needs to be an ability to either:
    - unregister the event handler by name only or
    - unregister all the event handlers registered by the add-in

Use Case
    My add-in has more than one web-pages and I have a navigation bar in it. So my web-pages unload when I navigate to another page. Because the Office.context.mailbox.removeHandlerAsync function requires the named handler to be a valid function, I can not unregister the handler in…

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Support for invoking O365 add-ins in shared mailbox context in the new Web Outlook

We have been told that support for add-ins in shared mailboxes will be added to Outlook in Q2/Q3 of 2019. Thus, we have started rolling out support for shared mailboxes in our add-in too.

As part of this, we have noticed that the add-in icons are only rendered in the context of a shared mailbox element if the user is in the _old look_ of Web Outlook.

Since more and more people will be using the _new look_ as default, users should be able to invoke the add-ins via the new look too.

Please add support for rendering the add-in…

56 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Provide way in VBA to know who, if anyone, is currently coauthoring a OneDrive/Office365 document

There are certain functions and events (only tested in Excel .xlsm desktop) that don't work when a document is in coauthor mode using OneDrive/Office365 syncing. If only one person is in the file, the macros work fine. If more than one are in it and co-authoring it would be good to know so certain macros can be prevented from running that otherwise cause the "Reload document" message on the computer that didn't run the macro.
    Some of the VBA that doesn't work during coauthoring include all .FormatConditions code (even though you can manually add conditional formatting, doing it by VBA…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Add-in: Excel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Support Outlook appointment AddIn on Mobile

According to this...

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-gb/office/dev/add-ins/reference/manifest/extensionpoint#extension-points-for-outlook

...Addins are only supported for message read, on mobile. Can we please have a MobileAppointmentOrganizerCommandSurface and MobileAppointmentAttendeeCommandSurface ExtensionPoint, so that we may create an addin for appointments on mobile.

86 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Support for high DPI taskpanes

Office now supports high-DPI and per-monitor DPI awareness, but custom task-panes do not. Add-in custom task panes are always hosted in a system aware host window and there is no way to indicate our add-in is high-DPI and multi-monitor DPI aware. Our customers therefore only see a low resolution user interface in the task panes. The Excel built-in task panes support high-DPI so this shouldn't be too difficult, maybe a registry setting indicating the add-in supports high-DPI or even an extra parameter to ICTPFactory.CreateCTP indicating support.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Add-in: General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 52 53
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base