Feature Requests and Feedback

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add Office Javascript API support for resources of type room in appointments/meetings

Currently, the requiredAttendees methods setAsync and getAsync have serious issues when resources of room type are used. I will add below my review of the three methods exposed on requiredAttendees object (picture in the link):

http://s17.postimg.org/satnvyrz3/Required_Attendees_Calls_Behavior.png

285 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      21 comments  ·  Add-in: Outlook  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Add ItemSend event (so add-in can cancel email)

Would like to have an ItemSend event in the web API just like the regular API does. Is that on the planning stage for future releases?

248 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        16 comments  ·  Add-in: Outlook  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Support for shared mailboxes

Office 365 shared mailboxes are very useful. Unfortunately, they do not load outlook web add-ins right now: see http://stackoverflow.com/questions/35059067/make-outlook-add-ins-working-with-office-365-shared-mailboxes/35065215
        This would be terrific to have add-ins for such mailboxes especially for all CRMs related apps

206 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          6 comments  ·  Add-in: Outlook  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • provide an event to let Outlook Add-in respond to a change in the message being written (for example message body, To, Cc and Bcc lists)

As referred to the post:
          https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/office/en-US/720a1bd6-abb9-4f75-863f-1fc33256a629/is-there-an-event-for-when-recipients-change-in-outlook-2013?forum=appsforoffice

there is no event JavaScript API an add-in for Outlook could use to react to a change in email message being written (compose mode).
          For example if the user adds further To, Cc or Bcc Addresses, it would be advantageous if the add-in could react to it and display relevant data.

108 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            2 comments  ·  Add-in: Outlook  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Allow Outlook add-in commands to be used on selections of multiple items

Currently an add-in command will disable if multiple Outlook mail items are selected. It would be really useful to be able run certain commands by iterating over a collection of the selected items.

67 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
              4 comments  ·  Add-in: Outlook  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • Make Outlook/Mail Universal App supporting Office add-ins

The Universal App Mail (Outlook mobile) is definitely used a lot and is a solid candidate for being the mobile friendly Outlook client people were looking for.
              Unfortunately, the version 17.6525.42271.0 does not support office add-ins. I did not see a roadmap indicating it will be, but that would be a huge plus. Now the only mobile approach to consume add-ins is with a fallback with Outlook Web Access.

61 votes
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
                1 comment  ·  Add-in: Outlook  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • Provide Mail App Compose appointment functionality to manage resources

In compose app scenario there is no way to manage resources.
                1. if you open a meeting in OWA that has resources configured, you cannot access to this resources.
                2. if you create a meeing in Outlook and you add "Room Mailboxes" as required or optional attendees, OL resolve those partecipants as Resources and you can no longer manage those elements.

54 votes
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                • Allow mail apps to be OWA only

The new Mail Apps make adding functionality to OWA very easy, however they lack some of the power of a full-on Outlook addin. I suspect that a common use case will be to create a full-powered addin, and a "lite" mail app that handles what it can for OWA. At present, this doesn't work because the mail app shows up in both. Furthermore, it is possible to create functionality that only applies to one client or the other. It should be possible to specify an app as belonging to OWA or to Outlook.

See also http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/office/en-US/13c3413d-7f3f-4e7c-9b6d-c20e95b064e3/how-to-enable-mailapp-only-for-owaoutlookwebapp-not-for-outlook-client?forum=appsforoffice

54 votes
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                  • Support dynamic content in Add-in commands ribbon dropdown menu

It would be very useful if add-ins dropdown menu could contain dynamically generated items. Now the displayed content in the ribbon dropdown need to be hardcoded even for sub-menus which limit the capabilities of add-ins commands.
                    See question on stackoverflow
                    http://stackoverflow.com/questions/36315571/dynamic-content-in-add-in-command-with-ribbon-dropdown-menu

39 votes
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                    • Connect the 'Limit availability to specific users' to a dynamic distribution group

Currently the only option to limit the availability for an Outlook Add-in I found is this: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj943757(v=exchg.150).aspx
                      But this PS takes actually a copy of the users in the distribution list. When people leave or enter a company and get included in the distribution list then they don't get the Add-In and the script must be executed again.

Please extend this or provide another easier (no lets run a script every day) way to limit the availability to specific users.

Thanks,

38 votes
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                      • Provide functionality for Outlook Add-In to automatically launch in the task pane

Our very successful commercial Outlook add-in ePredict for SharePoint (http://ww3w.docauto.com/product/epredict-for-sharepoint) automatically launches its UI in the task pane in desktop versions of Outlook. Our customers are interested in a version for Office 365 Outlook online. However, Office 365 Outlook online requires user input to launch a task pane add-in. Our users would not accept this. Please add functionality, probably in the manifest, that would allow a user to give permission to an add-in to automatically launch in the task pane when an existing email is opened or a new email is being created. Thanks!

37 votes
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                        • Automatically activate Office Add-ins based on a regex pattern in the email or meeting body

It should be possible to automatically activate Office Add-ins based on a regex pattern in the email or meeting body. This way the user doesn't always have to click the Add in button to open the sidepanel.
                          Alternatively it should be possible for a user to "Pin" an add-in so that it is always opened.

32 votes
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                          • For Appointments we need a property telling us if the current item is part a Recurring Meeting Series (In Compose mode)

For Appointments we need a property telling us if the current item is part a Recurring Meeting Series (In Compose mode)
                            Also we need to know if it is the actual Recurring meeting series we are currently editing

28 votes
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                              0 comments  ·  Add-in: Outlook  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                            • Make the module extension add-in available for Outlook.com (and then hopefully the iOS and Android mobile apps)

Just looking at the new module extension point for Outlook add-ins.

https://dev.office.com/docs/add-ins/outlook/extension-module-outlook-add-ins?product=outlook

I notice that this is only currently available for the desktop version of Outlook

"Note: Module extensions are available only in Office 2016 Click to Run."

It would be great if this extension could be added to the Outlook.com and the mobile apps

27 votes
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)
                              • Retrieve custom properties of a message/appointment from each mailbox

Currently the custom properties stored within an item are scoped to the user's mailbox. It would be great if we could access them everywhere. For example a scenario:
                                Compose form which will store facilities required for a meeting within an appointment. In webmail the receptionist could open the read form of the appointment and see all the required facilities stored in custom properties.

Currently this is not possible, because the receptionist is viewing it from another mailbox where the custom properties are not available.

23 votes
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                                  Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Add-in: Outlook  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                • Provide rules to automatically run task pane and mail apps

Add rules to manifest to support application run automatically, e.g. task pane should automatically appear after user clicks New Items -> Appointment in Outlook. I realize that this might be inappropriate for apps in store, but it will be very helpful for corporate apps. We can save time to access corporate app for end user.

23 votes
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                                  • Dont allow COM/VSTO outlook plugins to disable add-ins

As a user and developer of outlook 2016 add-ins I have currently run into an issue for which there is no resolution.

COM/VSTO addins appear to have the ability to disable add-ins developed using the new add-in architecture.

See issue reported here to the developers of the 'FindTime' add-in.

https://findtime.uservoice.com/forums/320121-bugs-let-s-squash-them/suggestions/11633973-findtime-greyed-out-when-creating-new-mail-in-outl

A customer of ours recently reported this issue with the brand new plugin we just developed, where our add-in was 'greyed' out in the 'Compose' view. The root cause was because the user had the 'Salesforce for Outlook' COM plugin installed which was disabling all other add-ins.

It is of…

22 votes
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                                    • support makeEwsRequestAsync for delegated agendas

If you open the add-in as a delegated, you can create appointments(compose) in the agenda, you can save the item(appointment) to retreive a itemId but after that you can't create an EWSRequest. If you do so you get the following message.

<m:GetItemResponseMessage ResponseClass="Error">
                                      <m:MessageText>Office extension have no permissions to access any other mailboxes then the mailbox provided in the user context.</m:MessageText>
                                      <m:ResponseCode>ErrorAccessDenied</m:ResponseCode>
                                      <m:DescriptiveLinkKey>0</m:DescriptiveLinkKey>
                                      <m:Items/>
                                      </m:GetItemResponseMessage>

22 votes
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                                      • getSelectedDataAsync & getBodyAsync should be implemented for mail item.

We are building a calendar app where we need to read the information from the appointment body and process it. In the current API we only have setSelectedDataAsync on body not the getSelectedDataAsync.
                                        We would like to have getSelectedDataAsync so that we can complete the application flow.

It would also be really nice if we can get another method getBodyAsync which returns the entire body content, there are many usages of this in our app.
                                        s.

21 votes
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                                        • Provide functionality for Outlook Add-In to launch in the task pane when an existing email is open

When an existing email is viewed, add-ins appear in an area just above the email body. It is not currently possible to have add-ins launch in a task pane to the right of the email. We would prefer the behavior to be similar to when a new email is being composed and add-ins appear in the task pane to the right of the email. Thanks.

19 votes
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                                          ← Previous 1 3 4 5
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base