Feedback by UserVoice

Feature Requests and Feedback

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Trying to save a blob file in Outlook for macOS using javascript

Ok so I have a Blob file that I'm trying to save on local disk (the Blob is created locally from an ArrayBuffer). The problem I'm facing is that Outlook for macOS does not want to open a FileSaverDialog or something similar to let the user save the file.

My code is working perfectly in Outlook for Web (OWA) on all browsers (including Safari) and Outlook for Windows.

const blob = new Blob([body]); //body is an ArrayBuffer created locally
    const link = document.createElement('a');
    if (link.download !== undefined) {
    const url = URL.createObjectURL(blob);
    link.setAttribute('href', url);
    link.setAttribute('download', fileName);
    link.style.visibility = 'hidden';
    document.body.appendChild(link); …

66 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Add-in: Outlook  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Support for invoking O365 add-ins in shared mailbox context in the new Web Outlook

We have been told that support for add-ins in shared mailboxes will be added to Outlook in Q2/Q3 of 2019. Thus, we have started rolling out support for shared mailboxes in our add-in too.

As part of this, we have noticed that the add-in icons are only rendered in the context of a shared mailbox element if the user is in the _old look_ of Web Outlook.

Since more and more people will be using the _new look_ as default, users should be able to invoke the add-ins via the new look too.

Please add support for rendering the add-in…

53 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Add-in: Outlook  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow administrators to pin Office Add-ins

With the preview release of "the new Outlook" on OWA, Office Add-ins are now buried in the drop down context menu in an email. Additionally, it appears they do not follow the same behavior of Outlook on the desktop, where Office Add-ins will show in the larger ribbon if used more frequently.

According to this article, Office Add-ins can be pinned if they are used frequently:

If you were using add-ins in the classic Outlook on the web experience, they will show up pinned next to mail actions or in the drop-down menu once you open an email in the…

54 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Support Outlook appointment AddIn on Mobile

According to this...

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-gb/office/dev/add-ins/reference/manifest/extensionpoint#extension-points-for-outlook

...Addins are only supported for message read, on mobile. Can we please have a MobileAppointmentOrganizerCommandSurface and MobileAppointmentAttendeeCommandSurface ExtensionPoint, so that we may create an addin for appointments on mobile.

50 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Extension points for Outlook: Add option to show buttons in command surface without select any email

So we developed a few custom Controls in outlook to allow user to interact with our management system (sync email item, add notes etc).

Currently user have to select email item to enable/show the controls (<ExtensionPoint xsi:type="MessageReadCommandSurface">).

And we are wondering if it is possible to show the controls without the user have to open the message.

ref:
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/office/dev/add-ins/reference/manifest/extensionpoint#extension-points-for-outlook

https://github.com/OfficeDev/office-js-docs-pr/issues/864

Thanks!

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Support Compose AddIn on Mobile

According to this...

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-gb/office/dev/add-ins/reference/manifest/extensionpoint#extension-points-for-outlook

...Addins are only supported for message read, on mobile. Can we please have a MobileMessageReadCommandSurface ExtensionPoint, so that we may create an addin for message compose, on mobile.

44 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Add-in: Outlook  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Desperately need ITemSend event available for Outlook Desktop

We need our add-in to respond to the ItemSend event and prompt users to select a client in SHarePoint where to file a copy of the email being sent. At moment this is only avaialble in OWA but 95% of our clients use Outlook desktop. When is this feature coming?

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Detecting Outlook Add-ins

We currently have a VSTO add-in for Outlook but want to write a new add-in so that we can run on all outlook platforms. However, we don't want our users to run both at the same time. Is it possible for the VSTO add-in to detect if there is a new style add-in installed and/or vice versa, can the new style add-in detect if the VSTO add-in is loaded?

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. OnSend for Outlook add-ins on desktop client

Currently the OnSend feature does not work for the desktop client version of Outlook, as stated in the feature documentation (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/add-ins/outlook-on-send-addins):

"The on send feature is currently supported for Outlook on the web in Office 365, Exchange 2016 on-premises (Cumulative Update 6 or later), and Exchange 2019 on-premises (Cumulative Update 1 or later)."

Please enable the feature for the desktop client as well.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Support for Drag and Drop in Outlook and other addins

Allow the ability to be able
    - to drag attachments from an e-mail to an addin
    - to drag and drop 1 or more e-mails (and their attachments) to an add-in.

Allow the ability to drag content to a new /email in compose mode from the addin

This will allow information exchange between Outlook and the addin which reads /writes data to an external repository

63 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Allow users to transfer Meeting Organizer to another person

Enable transferring of meeting ownership to another person. When organizer leaves position, or company, this enables someone else to take over meeting series (especially reoccuring meetings) without rescheduling resources and people.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Event in Outlook add-in when new email arrived

Use Case:
    Build an add-in that scans incoming email message, analyze it and mark email as suspicious if there is any phishing URLs in email.

This addin is currently not possible with the current Outlook 365 development model

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Allow customizing headers in file attachment requests to allow more modes of authentication

Adding an attachment via addFileAttachmentAsync is currently very limited in how it handles authentication, for 2 reasons:
    1) When Outlook (desktop application, not OWA) requests the attachment, it first does an OPTIONS call, which is good, but does not set an Origin header, which is bad. This means CORS rules cannot be enforced properly.
    2) Outlook seems to also always set an "Authorization" header with value "Bearer" when requesting the file. It is common though to specify the authentication tokens as query string parameters. In this case, the server receives both an Authorization header and authentications tokens in the query…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Adding HTML body using displayNewAppointmentForm

Allow the possibility to add the HTML Body in the parameters for displayNewAppointmentForm. Currently the body parameter only takes a String as input and no Markup can be provided. Please provide an option to specify the coercionType options for body

For reference:: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/53828358/how-to-pass-html-body-as-paramaeter-for-displaynewappointmentform/53842751#53842751

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Add support for passing unsaved attachments to displayNewMessageForm

To forward an email we use the displayNewMessageForm. The attachment data we receive from our backend base64 encoded. So it would be nice, if there would be a possibility to attach these files as unsaved using some kind of data-url like:
    'data:application/octet-stream;charset=utf-8;base64,JVBERi0xLjUNCiW1tbW1DQoxID....'

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Allow pinnable add-ins on appointments-events and calendar views

We've developed a plug-in that appears on any appointment or event. I'd like to replace the plug-in with an add-in that the user can pin to always open on their appointments or events.

It would be great if we could also pin the add-in for any calendar view.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Ability to set sensitivity level of an email message

It would be great if the JavaScript API for Office exposed the functionality to set the sensitivity level of an email message.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Immediate synced to the server - saveAsync to get an itemId to use with EWS or the REST API

Copied from : https://stackoverflow.com/questions/46671562/how-can-we-force-a-mailbox-item-to-be-persisted-to-ews?rq=1

Note: This particular issue has significant impact on our customers, which translates to high business impact with direct consequences on revenue.

TL;DR.
    How can our Office add-in for Outlook, when a user interacts with our add-in while composing an email draft, minimize the amount of time it takes before the EWS GetItem API will return an OK response for the itemId we receive from Office.context.mailbox.item.saveAsync()?

If it turns out that our add-in has no control over when the item will be persisted to EWS, then what could an end-user do to speed this up?

We are…

48 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Email Address Drop Down Menu

You used to save and display all of the email addresses that I would use while managing emails. I find it so frustrating that you now limit this list to the last five emails. I am constantly emailing people that I haven't spoken to in six months or so. The recent emails doesn't help.

My work around is to go to my laptop and search for someone and then find their email. It used to be that this would just drop down.

I don't know why you changed this feature. But I waste 10 minutes EVERY DAY searching for email…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Request for a body.appendAsync() method

Hello,

I’m working on a web add-in for Microsoft Outlook, and I’ve run into a few issues with Office.js’s body.setAsync() method.

I’ve posted two questions to Stack Overflow related to my add-in’s use of the body.setAsync() method:

- Base 64 signature images in the Outlook Web App are lost when I try to update the body of an email [link: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/51736434/how-to-prevent-base-64-format-signature-images-being-dropped-in-outlook-web-app]

- Getting the email body with body.getAsync() and then setting it with body.setAsync() causes line spacing issues in desktop Outlook platforms that use Word as the text editor [link: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/51603265/line-spacing-increased-issue-when-updating-email-body-with-office-js]

My add-in needs to add content to…

30 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 10 11
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base