Feedback by UserVoice

Feature Requests and Feedback

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Actionable messages for exchange on-prem functionality

currently actionable messages are available only for exchange online accounts due to the dependency on the office store, please make it available for exchange on-prem as well or change the current dependence

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Add-in: Outlook  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Fix display of add-in Compose Control in OWA to display the Control Label/Icon rather than Manifest DisplayName

When defining an ExtensionPoint for the MessageComposeCommandSurface with a single Control Button, in Windows and OSX Outlook desktop applications the label and icon shown is the Label and Icon specified under the Control element. This is the behaviour I would expect.

In OWA however the compose view uses the overall Manifest DisplayName and IconUrl instead. This creates problems when the names for these elements differ e.g. in a manifest that expose read surface Controls also, or where the add-in name differs from the button itself.

If multiple controls were present in the Extension Point my understanding is they would group…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Extension points for Outlook: Add option to show buttons in command surface without select any email

So we developed a few custom Controls in outlook to allow user to interact with our management system (sync email item, add notes etc).

Currently user have to select email item to enable/show the controls (<ExtensionPoint xsi:type="MessageReadCommandSurface">).

And we are wondering if it is possible to show the controls without the user have to open the message.

ref:
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/office/dev/add-ins/reference/manifest/extensionpoint#extension-points-for-outlook

https://github.com/OfficeDev/office-js-docs-pr/issues/864

Thanks!

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Remote debug port for UI automation test

For outlook add-in, UI automation framework(like protractor) can operate the web view only when there is an exposed remote debug port opened.

For example, I want to login to our outlook add-in and click some buttons then to see the GUI of our add-in is correct in our automation. I need to simulate the user click and keyword event. Normally, we need a remote debug port and our automation scripts can send commands to this port to ask the embedded browser to perform these actions.

Currently, there's no way to open such a remote debug port for our testing.

Since…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Feedback: EnhancedLocations preview API

I'd like to provide some feedback about Office.EnhancedLocation and Office.LocationIdentifier when developing an Outlook add-in.
    First, very happy to see improvements with this!

In my use case, I have an Office Add-in that show me all available meeting rooms (from a different Office 365 tenant). Users can add one or more of those meeting rooms as a location to the invite, through the add-on. Sending the invite, also books the room (and because of an Organization Relationship we can even use the schedule builder to view Free/Busy).
    My code would use the EnhancedLocation.addAsync with body:

var locations = [

{

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Add-in: Outlook  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add Office.EventType.DocumentSelectionChanged event equivalent for Outlook

In Word you can consume an event when the text selection changes are made in the body of a document via either:

Office.context.document.addHandlerAsync(Office.EventType.DocumentSelectionChanged, callback)

or

Office.context.document.addHandlerAsync("documentSelectionChanged", callback)

It would be very helpful to be able to detect this same behavior in an Outlook email.

I would like to see something along the lines of:

Office.context.mailbox.body.addHandlerAsync(Office.EventType.SelectionChanged, callback)

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Our manifest mentions ItemType 'Appointment' but ItemSend event is invoked for 'Message' as well.

We are developing an Outlook Add-in that works with Office 365.

We are using the ItemSend event.

In our Outlook App manifest, we have:

<Rule xsi:type="RuleCollection" Mode="Or">

&lt;Rule xsi:type=&quot;ItemIs&quot; ItemType=&quot;Appointment&quot; FormType=&quot;Edit&quot; /&gt;

</Rule>

ItemType is an enumeration that has 'Message' and 'Appointment'.

However, our add-in is invoked for 'Message' send button as well, which is unexpected.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. actionable messages security

Enterprise organisations have trained their employees in last couple of years against clicking links/attachments/buttons inside outlook because of the possibility of security attacks. Actionable messages are asking exactly opposite of what organisations have asked their employees, take actions inside outlook. We understand that actionable messages needs to be enabled in an office 365 tenant and are just post actions with complete security and there are very rare chances of any security issues. Also clicking on these cards does not launch any external application except outlook add-ins. How can we show inside a card that it is trusted and secure. Can…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Ability to set sensitivity level of an email message

It would be great if the JavaScript API for Office exposed the functionality to set the sensitivity level of an email message.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. if can add a new api for outlook add-ins Office.Body interface to change body type, maybe called setTypeAsync

Currently, there is an api called 'getTypeAsync' which can get the body type( 'html' or 'text' ). But there is no api to change the body type(for example, the api can be called 'setTypeAsync').

The reason why i need this api is for our customers user exprience. For example, when i use mac outlook client, i can get 'text' type by call 'getTypeAsync'. And i can only set plain text in the body by call 'setAsync'. when i try to set html, it can only return failed. But i think display html will be better for our customers. For example,…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Add-in: Outlook  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Do not require `ReadWriteMailbox` permission to call `Office.context.mailbox.makeEwsRequestAsync`

See https://stackoverflow.com/questions/58289577/is-there-a-way-to-get-all-recipients-in-to-or-cc-fields

Currently you can only get 100 items from Message.to(Appointment.requiredAttendees), Message.cc (Appointment.optionalAttendees).

You can get full list of recipients with Office.context.mailbox.makeEwsRequestAsync but it requires ReadWriteMailbox which is basically the full control permission.

Request to require only ReadItem permission to call Office.context.mailbox.makeEwsRequestAsync.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Allow for addin action to be an Outlook Swipe action in Outlook mobile

Add-in actions need to be efficiently initiated and in a mobile environment, having the ability to link a Swipe gesture to a specific add-in action saves the user from having to open the email first.

I think this flexibility would be a l great addition that both developers and users would love.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Add Office Javascript API To Get A Status Of Other Entries

it would be nice to know from functionFile if the task pane is open or closed

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Forgotten email

Recover an active outlook account

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Add local attachments to a new MessageForm

I am developing an Web add-in which basically decrypts SMIME content and displays it to the user. To achieve this, I'm creating a new display form using either displayNewMessageForm or displayReplyForm and populating it with the content. This works fine for mail with not attachments. However for mail with attachments, it would be great if there was a mechanism to add the attachments to the form without having to upload it to some server first. Since adding attachments stored locally can already be done manually, I don't see why it is so difficult to implement some programmatic way of achieving…

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Time Zone printing on right-side in Weekly Calendar Style in Office Professional Plus 2016

I've been supporting executives for over 20 years and on a daily basis print a "weekly calendar style" view from Outlook calendar and would like to the see the default time zone appear on the right side as well. I know you have the feature to display 2 time zones on the left...maybe even provide that option as well with the functionality to display or not display for those who don't prefer. I believe it will enhance productivity by saving time not having to go back to the left and move across the week with your finger. When you have…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. enable outlook add-ins to run from other application

JS add-ins created for Outlook do not load in other Office applications, such that users are unable to access those features when emailing from other Office applications

The Outlook add-ins should load with complete functionality.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Add outlook office js function for moving appointment read mode to edit mode .

Add outlook office js function for moving appointment read mode to edit mode .
    Function like

Office.context.mailbox.displayAppointmentEditForm(Office.context.mailbox.item.itemId);

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/57852661/how-to-convert-already-created-appointment-to-a-edit-mode-by-using-outlook-add-i/57877488#57877488

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. c# vsto outlook foreach don´t iterate over all items

Problem: items.Count = 10 the loop iterates only for example 6-times. Same contributions on Stack Overflow tend in the same direction.
    Is my code wrong, or is really something wrong with the collection Outlook.Items? I created a no pretty/good fix.
    GitHub Ticket: https://github.com/MicrosoftDocs/visualstudio-docs/issues/3891
    My System:
    .Net: 4.7.2
    Visual Studio: 2019
    Outlook: 2013 or later

// not working code
    using Outlook = Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook;

public void delete(Outlook.MAPIFolder folder) {

if (folder != null) {

Outlook.Items items = folder.Items;

foreach (Object item in items) {
    if (item is Outlook.MailItem) {
    Outlook.MailItem email = item as Outlook.MailItem;