Feedback by UserVoice

Feature Requests and Feedback

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Ne pas obliger d'utiliser Explorer pour utiliser le module Zoom dans Outlook

Je ne souhaite pas utiliser Internet Explorer (je penses que c’est légitime de ne pas souhaitez vivre 100% : Microsoft : Microsoft n’est pas une religion monothéiste…). J’utilise Firefox… je ne suis pas une exception! Pourquoi bloquer par ce que je n’utilise pas Explorer? Vous n’avez pas les compétences technique pour faire le lien avec Firefox?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Add-in: Outlook  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Bring back the configuration to always open the compose form in a popup from OWA

There was a checkbox in 'the old' OWA which, when checked, ensured that the Compose form (new message, reply, forward) opened in a popup. Please bring that functionality back.

The problem is that my read-pane add-in has a timer which the user can start to record the time spent on writing the reply to a message. I want to record that time in my application. When the compose form opens, the read-pane add-in gets closed and hence we lose the time spent. When the compose form opens in a popup, the read-pane add-in stays in its place and the user…

30 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Allow removing all the ItemChanged handlers registered by the add-in

I am unable to unregister a previously registered event handler for ItemChanged event when the handler function is no more available in the page's scope. So there needs to be an ability to either:
    - unregister the event handler by name only or
    - unregister all the event handlers registered by the add-in

Use Case
    My add-in has more than one web-pages and I have a navigation bar in it. So my web-pages unload when I navigate to another page. Because the Office.context.mailbox.removeHandlerAsync function requires the named handler to be a valid function, I can not unregister the handler in…

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Add-in: Outlook  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Allow users to create appointments that appear at a later designated date/time in Outlook.

Allow users to create appointments that appear at a later designated date/time in Outlook. I want to create a weeks worth of work for my students in a shared calendar, but I want to release the appointments day by day so that they don’t do all the work in the first day.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Adding Extension points for save, edit and cancel buttons in outlook addin manifest file

Currently there is Events extension point in the manifest file and has event type as itemSend which handles mail sending/meeting creation. The add-in development can be more controllable and more customization if we could have event handlers for the other buttons as well like edit, save and cancel buttons

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Push notifications

Provide options to send notifications from add-in's Taskpane to add-in command ribbon button.

For example how we will get a small number on top of the icon for MS Teams showing you how many notifications are pending or notification of any missed conversations in Skype something like that.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/60655780/is-it-possible-to-send-push-notifications-to-outlook-add-ins?noredirect=1#comment107320289_60655780

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Allow user to set styling for the title of outlook web addin task pane

currently we do not have control over the styling of title in the task pane in outlook web addin. Please provide API methods to access and set style properties of title of Outlook web addin task pane.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. hiding calendar

I use to hide calendar in Outlook in order to read mails, if you keep a flip icon/button to hide/release calendar/meetings list, it will be veryuseful instead of opening calendar or enabling calendar from view menu.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Add Label to Trello connector in Outlook

make it possible in the Trello connector to add a label as used in trello.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Close Pop Out window in Outlook after the message is deleted by an add-in

When an Outlook Add-In deletes an email in the reading pane the message will be closed and the next older email is openen. When an Outlook Add-In is activated in an email that is viewed in a Pop Out window and the Add-In deletes the message, the Pop Out window stays open until it is closed by the user:

Freature Request: Automaitcally close the Pop Out window when the message is deleted by an Add-In.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Folder events, such as item add, and folder context menu

I would like to see events on folders such as folder item add events, and folder context menu extension points.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Programmatically perform actions when an email message is received

VSTO provides some events like NewMail/NewMailEx which gets trigger when one or more new items are received in the Inbox.

Looks like launching of add-in based on event like new email is not supported.

As suggested by Outlook-Add in Engineering team adding this on this forum to consider it.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/57144228/programmatically-perform-actions-when-an-email-message-is-received/57148464#57148464

32 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Add ability to send email via Office javascript API (`send` in Office.Item)

Please add ability to send email via Office JavaScript API.
    For example, it can be a new 'send' method in Office.Item.

The main reason is an issue with Windows Outlook option "cached mode" and saving information in Exchange.

I my add-in I should make some changes in body of email and then send it. Currently, I see only one possibility how to do it this:

1. Save the email in Exchange via 'Office.context.mailbox.item.saveAsync()'.

2. But in cached mode I don't know when it really will be saved in Exchange. (see more info here https://officespdev.uservoice.com/forums/224641-feature-requests-and-feedback/suggestions/34593391-immediate-synced-to-the-server-saveasync-to-get). So I should periodically with some delays…

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 购买许可证

建议增加新的API接口 购买许可证和更改用户密码 谢谢

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 问题建议

邮箱内容缓存比价大

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Provide api to get event start/ end time zone using Office js

We need to get time zone information of currently open event but Office.context.mailbox.item.start returns date object with user's current time zone
    Provide an Api to get event's timezone same as from https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/graph/api/resources/datetimetimezone?view=graph-rest-1.0

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Add-in: Outlook  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Support for invoking O365 add-ins in shared mailbox context in the new Web Outlook

We have been told that support for add-ins in shared mailboxes will be added to Outlook in Q2/Q3 of 2019. Thus, we have started rolling out support for shared mailboxes in our add-in too.

As part of this, we have noticed that the add-in icons are only rendered in the context of a shared mailbox element if the user is in the old look of Web Outlook.

Since more and more people will be using the new look as default, users should be able to invoke the add-ins via the new look too.

Please add support for rendering the add-in…

56 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Add-in: Outlook  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Close compose mail window

It would be very userful if we could close the window compose mail when we would like to custom a new mail creation !

Thanks a lot

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base