Feedback by UserVoice

Feature Requests and Feedback

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. currency

Please make the currency field work the same as it did prior to the September 2019 updates.
    The scenario,

1. Create a custom field in an exchange public folder with the field type of currency

2. Cache the public folder.

3. Enter data in the currency field in the cached copy.

4. Synch to Exchange

5. Remove offline items (right click folder and choose Clear Offline items)

6. Resync the folder

7. Field value can no longer be seen in the cached public folder

8. Inquire the field on the cached public folder and the online public folder.

9. Field type is now PTI8 instead of PTCurrency
    6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Add-in: Outlook  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. In outlook, allow setting of when to send out of office messages from a calendar rather than just a date range. Click all the seperate days.

In outlook, allow setting of when to send out of office messages by clicking dates in a calendar rather than just allowing a single date range. Click all the seperate days you want to say you are not available, eg when you book holiday you can set it in advance and not have to worry about setting it at the last minute because you already have a setting in place before that time.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Add-in: Outlook  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. displayMessageForm

В настоящее время метод displayMessageForm открывает сообщение, на которое указывает itemId, в новом окне. Было бы здорово, если бы мы могли передать параметр методу Office.context.mailbox.displayMessageForm (), который позволяет заменить текущее визуализированное сообщение новым сообщением, указанным в itemId. Вариант использования, который я хочу включить здесь, заключается в программной навигации с помощью надстройки javascript к произвольным сообщениям, знающим их itemIds.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Pattern Search and Highlighting for Outlook Attachments using Word/Excel/Powerpoint JS API library

Currently we can only fetch base64 content of attachements of a particular mail , if we can have the ability to invoke word/Excel/ppt js inside of outlook js , then we could process the attachments for patterns and keyword search and highlight them before the mail is send.

This feature can come in handy to restrict emails based on restrictive words or personal information if any found in attachments.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Allow to check and execute side effects before close

Basic business flow of Calendar Compose Add in
    1. User opens add in and selects some items
    2. User will click 'Save & Close' or Cross mark which asks for Save or No or Cancel
    3. If user chose to save the appointment make a callback to task pane code which can do an api call by taking the details from the compose flow(all async calls should still work).

Note: Compose window closing event should be differentiable from add-in taskpane closing(user clicking 'x' mark beside taskpane).

Bonus-> make available itemId while callback to taskpane

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Attach HTML container e.g. Taskpane to On Send event in Outlook

According to this post (https://stackoverflow.com/questions/46369156/send-add-in-for-outlook-ui), this is not possible, but this is exactly what we want to do. Is there any way to do this?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Looking for “On save feature for Outlook add-ins”

On the Microsoft document, I've got the On to send add-ins event (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/add-ins/outlook-on-send-addins) which is used when we create a new event. Similarly when we update the event the "Send" button changes to "Save", however, the same "Save" event documentations is not present on the Microsoft document.

How can I call my custom function when a user clicks on save while updating any event and update the same on my custom code.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Allow to set the "sender" and "from" properties of a message

When composing a message, let the add-in set the "sender" and "from" properties.

Related properties:
    Office.context.mailbox.item.from
    Office.context.mailbox.item.sender

Remark: So far it is only able to read them.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Make the ItemChanged event trigger when clicking a [Draft] message in inbox

The ItemChanged message does not trigger when I click a message carrying the [Draft] tag in inbox on the Outlook web application.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I am facing same width issue with Outlook office addin. The requested width or increase page html width does not work.It should be allowed

I am facing same width issue with Outlook office addin. The requested width or increase page html width does not work.It should be allowed

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Actionable messages for exchange on-prem functionality

currently actionable messages are available only for exchange online accounts due to the dependency on the office store, please make it available for exchange on-prem as well or change the current dependence

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Fix display of add-in Compose Control in OWA to display the Control Label/Icon rather than Manifest DisplayName

When defining an ExtensionPoint for the MessageComposeCommandSurface with a single Control Button, in Windows and OSX Outlook desktop applications the label and icon shown is the Label and Icon specified under the Control element. This is the behaviour I would expect.

In OWA however the compose view uses the overall Manifest DisplayName and IconUrl instead. This creates problems when the names for these elements differ e.g. in a manifest that expose read surface Controls also, or where the add-in name differs from the button itself.

If multiple controls were present in the Extension Point my understanding is they would group…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Extension points for Outlook: Add option to show buttons in command surface without select any email

So we developed a few custom Controls in outlook to allow user to interact with our management system (sync email item, add notes etc).

Currently user have to select email item to enable/show the controls (<ExtensionPoint xsi:type="MessageReadCommandSurface">).

And we are wondering if it is possible to show the controls without the user have to open the message.

ref:
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/office/dev/add-ins/reference/manifest/extensionpoint#extension-points-for-outlook

https://github.com/OfficeDev/office-js-docs-pr/issues/864

Thanks!

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Remote debug port for UI automation test

For outlook add-in, UI automation framework(like protractor) can operate the web view only when there is an exposed remote debug port opened.

For example, I want to login to our outlook add-in and click some buttons then to see the GUI of our add-in is correct in our automation. I need to simulate the user click and keyword event. Normally, we need a remote debug port and our automation scripts can send commands to this port to ask the embedded browser to perform these actions.

Currently, there's no way to open such a remote debug port for our testing.

Since…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Feedback: EnhancedLocations preview API

I'd like to provide some feedback about Office.EnhancedLocation and Office.LocationIdentifier when developing an Outlook add-in.
    First, very happy to see improvements with this!

In my use case, I have an Office Add-in that show me all available meeting rooms (from a different Office 365 tenant). Users can add one or more of those meeting rooms as a location to the invite, through the add-on. Sending the invite, also books the room (and because of an Organization Relationship we can even use the schedule builder to view Free/Busy).
    My code would use the EnhancedLocation.addAsync with body:

var locations = [

{

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Add-in: Outlook  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Add Office.EventType.DocumentSelectionChanged event equivalent for Outlook

In Word you can consume an event when the text selection changes are made in the body of a document via either:

Office.context.document.addHandlerAsync(Office.EventType.DocumentSelectionChanged, callback)

or

Office.context.document.addHandlerAsync("documentSelectionChanged", callback)

It would be very helpful to be able to detect this same behavior in an Outlook email.

I would like to see something along the lines of:

Office.context.mailbox.body.addHandlerAsync(Office.EventType.SelectionChanged, callback)

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Our manifest mentions ItemType 'Appointment' but ItemSend event is invoked for 'Message' as well.

We are developing an Outlook Add-in that works with Office 365.

We are using the ItemSend event.

In our Outlook App manifest, we have:

<Rule xsi:type="RuleCollection" Mode="Or">

&lt;Rule xsi:type=&quot;ItemIs&quot; ItemType=&quot;Appointment&quot; FormType=&quot;Edit&quot; /&gt;

</Rule>

ItemType is an enumeration that has 'Message' and 'Appointment'.

However, our add-in is invoked for 'Message' send button as well, which is unexpected.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. actionable messages security

Enterprise organisations have trained their employees in last couple of years against clicking links/attachments/buttons inside outlook because of the possibility of security attacks. Actionable messages are asking exactly opposite of what organisations have asked their employees, take actions inside outlook. We understand that actionable messages needs to be enabled in an office 365 tenant and are just post actions with complete security and there are very rare chances of any security issues. Also clicking on these cards does not launch any external application except outlook add-ins. How can we show inside a card that it is trusted and secure. Can…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Ability to set sensitivity level of an email message

It would be great if the JavaScript API for Office exposed the functionality to set the sensitivity level of an email message.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. if can add a new api for outlook add-ins Office.Body interface to change body type, maybe called setTypeAsync

Currently, there is an api called 'getTypeAsync' which can get the body type( 'html' or 'text' ). But there is no api to change the body type(for example, the api can be called 'setTypeAsync').

The reason why i need this api is for our customers user exprience. For example, when i use mac outlook client, i can get 'text' type by call 'getTypeAsync'. And i can only set plain text in the body by call 'setAsync'. when i try to set html, it can only return failed. But i think display html will be better for our customers. For example,…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base