Feedback by UserVoice

Feature Requests and Feedback

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Delete Duplicate Rows of Data on Excel

A feature that we can tell Excel to highlight the rows or columns of data that repeat or that are duplicates and DELETE those row or columns of data. I have a company report that prints our company name and subcontractor's name on every project and I only need it shown once. Right now I am having to go in and highlight every row and delete them one-by-one. Time consuming! If there is another way, please let me know.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Add-in: Excel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Include workbook id inside Excel.context

The context already have information such as the author of the document and the title, but it don't have the workbook id,

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. fix uncaught errors inside promise when an Office.EventType.BindingDataChanged event re-triggers itself (Office.js)

When a user changes a bound cell, it triggers an Office.EventType.BindingDataChanged event and a callback associated with it. In the Excel Online browser-based client and not the desktop Excel client, if the callback function makes further changes to the bound cell e.g. changing its color based on input value (*), this produces uncaught errors after ctx.sync is called.

These errors surface outside my functions after they return control to the browser (chrome in this case), so I am ignoring them at the moment and hope they have no ill effects but thought you'd like to know.

I originally mitigated this…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Enhanced Excel

I have an idea that will enhance the spreadsheet. It is so simple that I cannot understand why no one has thought of it. It will make it a much more powerful calculation and even db tool, that would make it more suitable to cloud application. I know that I will have to develop the Idea and license it if I want to get any compensation for it. Is there a way to get Microsoft interested in the concept and who or what must or can one contact to disclose / discuss it? It may be worth billions to a…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. In the 2016 version of the EXCEL functional condition format, the "greater than" option does not contain equal, but it is equal to the "less

In the 2016 version of the EXCEL functional condition format, the "greater than" option does not contain equal, but it is equal to the "less" and "somewhere in" option在2016版EXCEL功能条件格式中,“大于”选项不包含等于,但是在“小于”和“介于”选项中,均包含等于

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. While using getFileAsync method, error which code is 12007 was happened

I am uploading 1.01Gb excel file via getFileAsync of office javascript.

uploaded till 1Gb, error which code is 12007 was happened . How to fix it could you pls help me

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Expose the commenting feature via excel-js api.

Can you expose the comments/notes feature in the excel-js api. I am interested in developing an add-in that depends on comments/notes. I noticed that there are other developers who are also interested in add-ins that need access to comments/notes. Following is a stackoverflow thread about it:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/44019257/excel-javascript-api-set-note-to-cell

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Allow merged cells to grow. (wrap text)

Need the ability to have a top section with more columns than the bottom section. Merging cells doesn't work if you want a cell to be able to get taller (Wrap text).

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. 'Freeze bottom row' option in Freeze Pan menu

Just like 'freeze top row', in MS Excel please provide 'freeze bottom row' option in Freeze Pan menu

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Access Sharepoint Sites with Excel Android App

We have user's who use Android Mobiles and are wanting to access the different SharePoint sites/folders and libraries within the Excel App, but are given very limited access to each of them. However, this is not a problem for Apple devices.

Can something be done to improve the functionality of the excel app for Android users, which can already be seen with Apple devices?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Programmatic Focus range from task pane command

Allow js commands to focus cells for user input
    maybe range.focus();
    to allow user to write into cell after function has run without having to click the cell.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Add event to Excel JavaScript API that fires when rows are hidden/unhidden

In Requirement Set 1.8 there are DataChanged events for tables and worksheets. It would also be useful to have similar events that provide the cell range affected and fire when the user explicitly hides/unhides rows or hides/unhides rows as a result of applying a filter.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Consolidation

While applying the Consolidation option in excel, it shows as "Book 1" for all the consolidated sheets instead of a respective worksheet name.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Global.office.context.document.getFileAsync support for Excel Desktop

I am developing an Office 365 add in for Word, Excel and Power Point, I usually can retrieve the file contents by calling Global.office.context.document.getFileAsync and getting each slice until I have the full file. It seems it is not supported in Excel Desktop although it is in Excel Web. Im not sure if it is just a bug or if its not supported yet, but it would be nice to have that capability across the board.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Provide access to SQL queries through Officejs API for Add-ins

Spreadsheets built for handling financial data need access to the corporate database. Presumably that is why capabilities are provided within Excel to define and execute SQL queries within the context of a workbook/worksheet.The role of an Add-in to provide a whole host of capabilities to the workbook author cannot be overstated. Yet OfficeJS Excel API seem to be lacking the ability to define, access, and execute the aforementioned queries. Are there any plans in the works to provide the capabilities?
    The lack of this capability particularly affects 3rd party add-in providers who cannot otherwise access a customer's corporate database.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Add tooltips to Excel spreadsheet tabs

Add the ability to put mouseover tooltips on the spreadsheet tabs in excel. This way if there are a lot of spreadsheets, abbreviations can be used so that more tabs can fit at the bottom of the screen and if a user is unsure what the abbreviation is they can mouseover the tab and see the whole name. Alternatively, the tooltip could be used to give a description of the contents of the tab.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. New standard number format for Excel: Versioning

It would be nice to have a standard format for version numbers that can be sorted/conditionally-formatted like regular numbers. By version numbers I mean "2.1.0; 2.1.2; 2.2.0; 3.0.0" etc.

I work in software development and use excel to track releases, this would be very helpful to have standard.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Add "Find previous" button next to "Find next" in "Find and replace" (ctrl-f) in Excel

In table with lots of rows I often need to find entry which I entered previously - for example I want to find last use of THIS word and if I use "find next" option it will lead me to the first use instead of last. And if I use "Find all" while I'm editing mid part of the table it will give me long list where I need to find the right context and that takes time. Sometimes, I just know that the right context of THIS word is used last time and I would like to jump there…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base