1. 5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Add-in: Excel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add support to Office Add-in Excel Javascript APIs to allow use of Named styles

The enhanced Excel-specific APIs available for developing Office Add-ins that run with Excel 2016 are a nice start. There are some key missing APIs. One area in need of extending is the ability to use Named Styles defined in the workbook - to be able to apply them to ranges via the Javascript API.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Add-in: Excel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add a support for InsertXML for excel

As like the Selection.Range.InsertXMl I need the option in excel also. It will be helpful for adding contents using openxml

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Add-in: Excel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Make O365 user identity available in Excel Add In

I need to know the identity of the user who is invoking my Excel-based add-in so that I can rigorously and securely associate various external data access levels with them. It doesn't matter if they are not signed in - the app defaults to a Guest User and can encourage the user to sign into their excel client.

Specifically, I spent the last 2 days picking my way through the wilderness of ADAL and MSAL options and have concluded that I cannot use them within the confines of an Excel task pane app AND provide a satisfactory user experience. This…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Fix issue with Office.context.document.settings.saveAsync on Excel Web

I created an office 365 add in for Word, Excel and Power Point. I am able to do Office.context.document.settings.set('key', value) then call Office.context.document.settings.saveAsync(callback) and the state will be saved next time I open the document. But with excel these settings never seem to persist, and it seems to be a bug specific to excel. There are no errors returned just doesn't persist.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Allow Excel to detect cells with functions

Enhance the Office JS API to allow Excel to warn/prevent writing on cells with functions insde

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. 4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Add selected item information to query string also when opening app via Ribbon

When you open an app via Ribbon button no information is given about currently selected items.

In one scenario we needed a prominent button in the Ribbon to open an app that processes the currently selected item(s). Unfortunately this is not possible. You have to use a context menu action on an item to open the app and work on this item.

This information also needs to be available OOB to apps opened via Ribbon action.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Header and Footer in Excel Workbook

Similar to insertHeader in Word, can we have a similar function to read/update Header/Footer in Excel.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Allow user to change Application.EnableEvents property

Addin developers should be able to call EnableEvents property as in the VBA, COM API, etc.

It is required for certain complex operations and to avoid handling of e.g. data change by other addins.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. PLEASE!!! Remove the "Convert to Stocks" tag that pops onto the screen obscuring other data on the sheet.

While the new stocks data type is fine, those of us NOT wanting Stocks are faced with a new persistent pop up tag suggesting we "convert" anything that kind of looks like a ticker symbol. This tag maddeningly blocks adjoining values that we NEED TO SEE while working.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Excel performance - prevent filtering triggering recalculations

Use case:
    I have a large Excel file, with millions of formulae cells, all of it essential for its built-in logic. To make it work, all Excel performance aspects have been well researched and applied. And, the macro enabled Excel file (74MB xlsb) does work in doing its job. ... till... i try to filter something on the sheet.
    General Excel performance issue:
    Excel filter apply, row un/hide, cell resizing, etc. trigger volatile actions. Column un/hide no longer triggers recalculation.
    For excel files of industrial applications, changing the view has no logical effect on values, except: subtotal.
    Request:
    We'd like…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. track changes in excel

I work for a large company. We receive requests for proposals in Excel and need to respond in Excel. We need to be able to track our editor's changes in Excel. Currently we can only track changes in Word but that is not the format that consultants use. We have to copy from Excel to Word for editing, then back to Excel to finalized. This is wasting a lot of time. Please add track changes to Excel so that it works the same as Word.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Are you here??? I’m Tiffany McDaniel Foster from Craigslist w4m Post. Are you free today? Write back me: tmcdaniel609@gmail.com

Are you here???
    I’m Tiffany McDaniel Foster from Craigslist w4m Post.
    Are you free today?
    Write back me: tmcdaniel609@gmail.com

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Add-in: Excel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Excel: add button to reset column width or row hight to default value

It's quite a boring thing: if you want to change cell dimension to their default values you have to check what the default value actually, remember that value and enter it in the concerned field. Button would make life a lot easier!

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Copy named table

There is no method currently in the API for copying a worksheet or a named table/range. It would be helpful to expose these features through the API. By copying a named table or a worksheet, it should copy all the formatting, formulas and data validations as well.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Update Office.js on NuGet

Been working with Excel and have been notified over the past several weeks, requests I made were updated however the last time Nuget.org was updated was 11/5/2015. Is there some other way I should be updating the Office.js scripts in my VS project? I know this isn't a suggestion but hopefully someone can comment and I can remove this.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Text to Column

Inside Office.js in Excel 2016 I'd like to be able to call Excel's text to column function from javascript.

According to StackOverflow.com, it appears this feature does not exist yet: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/45448813/office-js-excel-call-text-to-column-excel-function-from-javascript/45466949#45466949

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Make working with invalid bindings easier

Working with invalid bindings is slow and awkward. Please make working with them easier by:

1. Actioning this feature request: https://github.com/OfficeDev/office-js/issues/804 (see also this Stack Overflow question: https://stackoverflow.com/q/45586251/185544 ).

2. Making delete work on an invalid binding.

Right now there are awkward, undocumented workarounds like the one in this Stack Overflow answer:https://stackoverflow.com/a/61803555/157247, but they're...awkward and undocumented. :-)

Thanks!

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Udfs are available in JavaScript in excel online only in developer preview mode. Tell us when it will be officially available. Please.

I need to deploy a udf soon into excel desktop and online and also into google sheets. Udfs are essential to this addin. JavaScript is the natural way to go since both google and ms platforms support this language. But i can't ship a product with this key udf feature only available in developer preview. Knowing roughly when the feature will be available might save me the need to support both vba for excel desktop and JavaScript for sheets. Real addin developers need more timeline guidance from the excel team. I am a happy vba user trying to learn JavaScript…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base