Feedback by UserVoice

Feature Requests and Feedback

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Open the SharePoint Property Panel when you create a new Word doc from a SharePoint Online library. Currently it only display after saving.

Open the SharePoint Property Panel when you create a new Word doc from a SharePoint Online library. Currently it only displays after saving the file.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Add-in: Word  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Appling style "Normal" to paragraph should respect other styles in the same paragraph

When I apply "Normal" style with the default User Interface in Word by default it keep all other formating styles in the paragraph (bold, italic, character styles...) and as expected it changes only paragraph style to "Normal"

I am trying to emulate the funcionality of appling style "Normal" to a paragraph Programmatically. But it doesn´t work.

I have this piece of code:
    function applyStyleParagraph(styleName) {

Word.run(function(context) {

var pars = context.document.getSelection().paragraphs;
    context.load(pars, 'style');
    return context.sync().then(function () {
    for (var i = 0; i < pars.items.length; i++) {
    pars.items[i].style = styleName;
    }
    return context.sync().then(function () {
    console.log('Style: ' + styleName +
    6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Separate the spelling differences between English(UK) and English(US)

Although people do understand both of them, in some formal situation, people need the exact spelling instead of mixing them.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. add a Clipboard or Scrapbook feature back into Word for Mac.

I am a transcriptionist who often types long documents with several speakers' names in them. I need an easy way to collect a bunch of these names in a clipboard that I can easily move from the side of a document into the document. It was a great feature of older versions of Word. And I don't understand why it's not included in your product for Mac users

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Content Controls bound to custom xml not updated when opened on Word Online

We have plain text content controls bound to custom xml. When opening on Word Online the bound content controls should get their data from custom xml. We tried to work around this by using GetOOXml() to get the document's open xml, then update the values on server side, then use InsertOoXml() to insert the updated open xml. But it seems that InsertOoxml() does not support content controls yet.

I hope either of these two features that we need get supported soon. 1. Update text of bound content controls when opened on Word Online.

1. InsertOoxml() support updating content controls.

Thanks,
    Rainier…

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. to add the feature of suggesting words using "ctrl"+"spacebar"

Just a suggestion, to add the feature of suggesting words (different from auto correct) as we type, or better would be using "ctrl"+"spacebar" like is in many IDEs for suggesting synonyms. thanks .

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Office js : Please, add Start and End properties to Range object.

Please, add Start and End properties to Office js Range object, like in https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/microsoft.office.interop.word.range_members.aspx.
    I need it as soon as possible.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. global keyboard hook does not work in word 2016 . why? how can i make it work ?

down vote
    favorite

I'm trying to write an add-in for word using VSTO to get the keydown event and identify it .then if the key was shift+( then replace ( with () and put the cursor in the middle of them so that the user will be able to write in the middle after opening parenthesis .

The code i found works fine in word 2010 and 2007 but in higher versions you have to open the onscreen keyboard to make it work .
    I'm looking for a way to make it work .

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. How to count Chinese characters and Korean words

How to count
    Chinese characters and Korean words

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Allow Office Add-ins to be persistent - to stay open as you move from document to document...

A productivity taskpane/add-in, by definition, is a often a tool a user would use on every document.

The current implementation requires a user go to the add-in Ribbon, click a button etc.

Ideally a user setting would allow an Add-in to stay open all the time.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Add-in: Word  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Level types of List

I use JavaScript SDK for Office Add-ins to create an application for Word. You know we can use list object (https://dev.office.com/reference/add-ins/word/list) to make numeration for Paragraph, but I would like to use cross-link for that scenario. If the number of a paragraph was changed cross-link also has to be changed. Is it working scenario in the current edition of SDK?
    Also, I can't change the level type of list when I try to create a new one from Paragraph. By default level type is Bullet. Any methods or properties to change.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. automated forms documents

i work for a big education organization and received a request from the teachers about functionality they are using in google docs:
    - prepare a document template, being a form with some questions. is it an exam, survey, or an application form.
    - share the document with word online, so the students may edit the document, give answers, fill the gaps etc. but it is not THE document - it's the difference between 'document' and 'template' - each time new user access the temple, a new instance is created
    - on the end, the document is not saved, but there…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Add tool-tip in Word API

I want to show a tooltip when the user hover on selected keyword/phrase/text in the Word document using Word JS API from the add-in. This feature is available in Word using hyperlink and inserting ScreenTip.

Please add this feature in Word JS API.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Add Method to Word API to Detect Review State (original, final, balloons, inline, etc.)

We need a method to expose the current review state in word. Currently inline deleted track changes are impossible to detect via the api. If these are switched to not show or set to balloon then the API reports the paragraph text differently.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Add DITA to MS word

DITA is largely used authoring structure today. Can you please include DITA direct plugin in word. just like other authoring tools support DITA.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Add full citation/resources features just like windows version where we can click on "Show All Bibliography Fields" and add more details

Mac version of word (2016) has limited fields for each source type in the references, unlike the windows version, like that "Show All Bibliography Fields" checkbox. I'd like to see those features being available for Mac.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Have a chart that defines the parts of the Word interface

Have a chart that shows the interface and labels all the parts. For example, you refer to the "ribbon." Show me a picture and label it "Ribbon." Directions refer to all sorts of parts of the interface, but there's no place to see a PICTURE of the interface with labels about what the parts are. There's a style manual for the parts of the Windows interface, but nothing that defines the parts of the Word interface. Likewise, for all the other programs in the Office suite.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Have a dropdown list that adds Windows

Add an item to this feedback dropdown list that let's us talk about WINDOWS, not just the Office programs.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Office js API setDataAsync not working as suggested in Document

Hi,
    I am devloping a word add in which has usecase to insert Rich Text Format in Binding.My Binding Type is 'Text' and i have also set coercionType as 'Html' still it is not replacing in binding.My host application is word online.Whereas,this is working in word desktop application.But i want it in word online.
    Please suggest .
    Thanks

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Add-in: Word  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Support MathML in insertHtml

If you paste well formed MathML as text, Words inserts and renders it correctly.
    It would be nice if the same could be done programatically via insertHtml: unfortunately at this point formulae are inserted incompletely and without formatting; this looks like a bug actually

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base