Feedback by UserVoice

Feature Requests and Feedback

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Support the Importing of slides in PowerPoint

I would like to be able to provide an add-in that could insert slides into a presentation. This is a similar concept to the Word Clause library. To provide maximum flexibility to the dev I would suggest using the Ooxml coercionType. Both Get and Set would be ideal

74 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    4 comments  ·  Add-in: PowerPoint  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. setSelectedDataAsync can not handle the image if the image size exceeds 5MB.

This is what I posted in forum as
    https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/bf48b450-6ee4-408b-a441-a53b23c75346/failing-to-insert-a-large-image-into-powerpoint-slides-using-setselecteddataasync-in-officejs?forum=appsforoffice

It seems this is a limitation or bug. We are using setSelectedDataAsync with base64 encoding to copy the image into slide. but the image is corrupted if the image size is relatively huge (like over 5MB). The same code works with both Word and Excel. I guess something went wrong with PowerPoint.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Add-in: PowerPoint  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Support the reading and editing of Custom XML Parts by PowerPoint Add-Ins

Currently if an add-in relies upon being able to read and write Custom XML Parts, it can only do it in Word (and coming in Excel JS 1.3). It would be great to see this functionality appear in PowerPoint so that add-ins can be created that interact with data stored in Custom XML Parts.

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. getSelectedDataAsync for Powerpoint shapes

getSelectedDataAsync only return text string (if there is text in selected shape). Would be great to return more info of selected shape, perhaps in OOXML/HTML form, or at least a shape ID.

50 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Add-in: PowerPoint  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Adding web (iFrame or so on) to slide from Add-ins that extend functionality

Lot of Add-ins developers wants to create extend Add-in with adding same content to slides functionality(more, than images or text, that is allowed by setSelectedDataAsync method).

So they have to use Content Add-inns, and user have to add them to slides several times (for examle vote widgets of Mentimeter app.)
    Its very unconvinient!

Please provide us extended the functionality of adding web pages to slides

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Support to get or write selected slide in office 365 online powerpoint

Please provide API for getting selected slide data as file in power point.
    I am able to get slide title and index using

Office.context.document.getSelectedDataAsync(Office.CoercionType.SlideRange, function (asyncResult) ;
    I required to get that as bytes or file of selected slide.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. setSelectedDataAsync with data type “HTML” and “Office Open XML” in PowerPoint

Make it possible to use setSelectedDataAsync with data type “HTML” and “Office Open XML” in PowerPoint. Currently it is only Word that can use data type “HTML” and “Office Open XML”.

185 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  10 comments  ·  Add-in: PowerPoint  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Enable "Send to back" functionality for content add-ins for PowerPoint

In my testing of content add-ins for Office I have found that the "Send to back/Bring to front" z-ordering does not work between the add-in component and other content in the slide. The add-in content is always in front of "native" content in the slide in the z-order. The z-ordering works between add-in content items. This means that you are not able to mix add-in content and native content in the slide - e.g. you can't add a text block over the top of an add-in element.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Add-in: PowerPoint  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Bindings for Powerpoint

Extend Javascript API for Powerpoint to add and edit bindings as in Word and Excel.

34 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Add-in: PowerPoint  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Allow Powerpoint to send unique slides as an image/object

Enhance the Office JS API to allow Powerpoint to send a selected slide as an image/object

38 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Add a call to change the bitmap in a picture

At present when we need to change the bitmap in a picture, we need to delete the existing picture (shape) object and then insert a new one. And when doing so we need to cop all the properties of the picture across.

Just like we can presently change the position, seize, etc. of an existing picture, provide the ability to change the bitmap.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. "help me to remember coding procedure."

"help me to remember the coding procedure."

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. allow slide size to be changed without modifying content size

When changing slide size in power point 2016 users are offered only two options with regards to existing content 1) maximize or 2) ensure fit. I suggest that a third option be added that does not modify the dimensions of the existing content. I currently achieve this effect by selecting my content, cutting, changing the slide size, and then pasting the content back in to the resized slide.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Add a PowerPoint object model property to read/write Kumimoji text property (Japanese-language text rotation)

When Japanese is the default editing language, PowerPoint has an UI option to apply Japanese-language text rotation, which rotates letters and digits differently . However, this property seems missing from the object model and an add-in therefore cannot know its state. Therefore, the add-in is bound to handle such text incorrectly.

Apply the rotation setting from scratch:
    1) PowerPoint > File > Options > Language > Choose Editing Languages > Japanese (set as default) > OK
    2) Restart PowerPoint
    3) Create new empty file
    4) Insert textbox
    5) In textbox, write test123
    6) Select textbox
    7) PowerPoint > Home >…

36 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Mail merge feature in PPT

My project does a lot of certificate for trainings. We designed a certificate template in PPT and we were unable to use MS word to design the template. I would like to suggest to have an add-in for a mail merge feature in PPT where you can merge information from Word or Excel. This would be really AWESOME!!

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Add-in: PowerPoint  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Allow PowerPoint API to format font without selecting.

Would be great if the PPT API gave you control over the font formatting as the Word API does. That way an add-in could create part of the presentation.with the formatting already done for you. It'd also be nice if the API could detect the font on screen without needing it to be selected.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Section control and multiple slides

It'd be great if the PPT API could give you control over slide sections and detect which section you are currently working under. And if you had control over all the slides in that section rather than just the current slide. That way if you needed a set of slide to look extremely similar you could control them all at once. Also the creation of sections and multiple slides would be great!

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. jelly skateboard, sea filter, adam danny reyes made these 11-29-2017

i made these so i made this intresting call me at 3 willow from

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Add-in: PowerPoint  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. powerpoint chart

Ability to update the data of the worksheet of a chart in slideshow mode, without seeing the Excel worksheet opening or flashing.
    We build software for displaying real-time data like a KPI on a slideshow.
    With that information screen running (the slideshow) you always see the Excel worksheet flashing (by the .Activate call).

The old MS Graph had that functionality. With that, we could update the data quickly without seeing something disturbing on top of the slideshow. Now with the newer Charting capabilities, this seems not to be possible without flashing or chart corruptions (E_Fail when opening afterwards).

thanks.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base