Feedback by UserVoice

Feature Requests and Feedback

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow Powerpoint to send unique slides as an image/object

Enhance the Office JS API to allow Powerpoint to send a selected slide as an image/object

37 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Add-in: PowerPoint  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add a call to change the bitmap in a picture

At present when we need to change the bitmap in a picture, we need to delete the existing picture (shape) object and then insert a new one. And when doing so we need to cop all the properties of the picture across.

Just like we can presently change the position, seize, etc. of an existing picture, provide the ability to change the bitmap.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. "help me to remember coding procedure."

"help me to remember the coding procedure."

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. allow slide size to be changed without modifying content size

When changing slide size in power point 2016 users are offered only two options with regards to existing content 1) maximize or 2) ensure fit. I suggest that a third option be added that does not modify the dimensions of the existing content. I currently achieve this effect by selecting my content, cutting, changing the slide size, and then pasting the content back in to the resized slide.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Add a PowerPoint object model property to read/write Kumimoji text property (Japanese-language text rotation)

When Japanese is the default editing language, PowerPoint has an UI option to apply Japanese-language text rotation, which rotates letters and digits differently . However, this property seems missing from the object model and an add-in therefore cannot know its state. Therefore, the add-in is bound to handle such text incorrectly.

Apply the rotation setting from scratch:
    1) PowerPoint > File > Options > Language > Choose Editing Languages > Japanese (set as default) > OK
    2) Restart PowerPoint
    3) Create new empty file
    4) Insert textbox
    5) In textbox, write test123
    6) Select textbox
    7) PowerPoint > Home >…

36 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Add-in: PowerPoint  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Mac, PowerPoint: Add WindowSelectionChange event for changing slide selection in slide thumbnail pane

Preferably, the PowerPoint programming API for Mac should behave the same as PowerPoint for Windows.

In PowerPoint for Windows, clicking into the thumbnail pane generates WindowSelectionChange events.

However, in PowerPoint for Mac (tested: Office 2016 Insider Slow Version 16.8 (Build 171210) and also Insider Fast, clicking into the thumbnail pane DOES NOT generate WindowSelectionChange events. Changing the selected slide in the thumbnail pane does NOT generate WindowSelectionChange events either.

(Note that in Mac Office v16, the WindowSelectionChange event DOES fire for other selection changes, which was a new addtion to v16. It's just that it is missing for the selection…

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Add-in: PowerPoint  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Mail merge feature in PPT

My project does a lot of certificate for trainings. We designed a certificate template in PPT and we were unable to use MS word to design the template. I would like to suggest to have an add-in for a mail merge feature in PPT where you can merge information from Word or Excel. This would be really AWESOME!!

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Add-in: PowerPoint  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Allow PowerPoint API to format font without selecting.

Would be great if the PPT API gave you control over the font formatting as the Word API does. That way an add-in could create part of the presentation.with the formatting already done for you. It'd also be nice if the API could detect the font on screen without needing it to be selected.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Section control and multiple slides

It'd be great if the PPT API could give you control over slide sections and detect which section you are currently working under. And if you had control over all the slides in that section rather than just the current slide. That way if you needed a set of slide to look extremely similar you could control them all at once. Also the creation of sections and multiple slides would be great!

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. jelly skateboard, sea filter, adam danny reyes made these 11-29-2017

i made these so i made this intresting call me at 3 willow from

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Add-in: PowerPoint  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. powerpoint chart

Ability to update the data of the worksheet of a chart in slideshow mode, without seeing the Excel worksheet opening or flashing.
    We build software for displaying real-time data like a KPI on a slideshow.
    With that information screen running (the slideshow) you always see the Excel worksheet flashing (by the .Activate call).

The old MS Graph had that functionality. With that, we could update the data quickly without seeing something disturbing on top of the slideshow. Now with the newer Charting capabilities, this seems not to be possible without flashing or chart corruptions (E_Fail when opening afterwards).

thanks.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. PowerPoint Add-in in 2016 no longer working after Windows 10 update

After Windows 10 update, PowerPoint add-ins in PowerPoint 2016 do not work in Slide Show mode. It just displays as a picture.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Add-in: PowerPoint  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Edit object properties

It would be great if you'd allow to edit powerpoint oject properties. I want to e.g. set the font, color, background or spellcheck language from within my app on text boxes or the size/location of a selected object etc..

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Ability to insert add-in on multiple slides or slide master

Add an option to insert add-in on single slide or multiple slides. Current add-in can be added only in single slide.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. PowerPoint 2016 Chart filter issue

PowerPoint chart filter shows "The linked file is not available" when the filter is clicked for the second time.

When troubleshooting the issue found out the cause as Excel VSTO Add-in which handles "ApplicationWorkbookOpen" Event in ThisAddin.vb. Even without any code in "ApplicationWorkbookOpen" causes this error. If I comment 'Application_WorkbookOpen' then it works fine.

This happens for other Workbook events as well.

Posted the same issue with a sample excel add-in in msdn fourm. Please go through for more information.

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/vstudio/en-US/7650df3d-3b60-4598-93ff-4730c945babb/powerpoint-2016-chart-filter-issue?forum=vsto

Our add-in is deployed for more that 5000 users globally. It will be great if this issue…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Insert images to SharePoint Survey

After so many SharePoint versions it is still not possible to add images to SharePoint survey questions. Most surveys I create require images that I have to implement with complex workaround coding...

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Binding in power point like word and excel

Hi All...There should be a office js API to add binding and get all binding in power point like word and excel.So that we can insert content from our addin widget into a binding.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Allow buttons to be clickable in presentation mode

During the slide show (presentation mode), it would be great if the user was able to click buttons. This worked until some weeks ago, but now I am not able to click buttons during presentations on my Laptop (Lenovo Thinkpad E540). The presentation will just jump to the next slide, thus the app is not focused. But this still works on my colleague's laptop (Asus Vivobook S400C).

Is this an intended change or will users be able to click buttons in PowerPoint content apps in the future?

Lenovo Laptop PowerPoint Version: 16.0.7726.1042 (64 Bit)
    Asus Laptop Powerpoint Version: 16.0.8201.2102 (32…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Trigger Presentation Mode in PowerPoint

Add functionality to trigger the presentation from within a taskpane add-in.
    Add the following function to the library: Document.setActiveViewAsync
    Having F5 reload the add-in is rather useless.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base