Feedback by UserVoice

Feature Requests and Feedback

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. PowerPoint Add-in in 2016 no longer working after Windows 10 update

After Windows 10 update, PowerPoint add-ins in PowerPoint 2016 do not work in Slide Show mode. It just displays as a picture.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    3 comments  ·  Add-in: PowerPoint  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Edit object properties

It would be great if you'd allow to edit powerpoint oject properties. I want to e.g. set the font, color, background or spellcheck language from within my app on text boxes or the size/location of a selected object etc..

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Add-in: PowerPoint  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Ability to insert add-in on multiple slides or slide master

Add an option to insert add-in on single slide or multiple slides. Current add-in can be added only in single slide.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Add-in: PowerPoint  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. PowerPoint 2016 Chart filter issue

PowerPoint chart filter shows "The linked file is not available" when the filter is clicked for the second time.

When troubleshooting the issue found out the cause as Excel VSTO Add-in which handles "ApplicationWorkbookOpen" Event in ThisAddin.vb. Even without any code in "ApplicationWorkbookOpen" causes this error. If I comment 'Application_WorkbookOpen' then it works fine.

This happens for other Workbook events as well.

Posted the same issue with a sample excel add-in in msdn fourm. Please go through for more information.

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/vstudio/en-US/7650df3d-3b60-4598-93ff-4730c945babb/powerpoint-2016-chart-filter-issue?forum=vsto

Our add-in is deployed for more that 5000 users globally. It will be great if this issue…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Insert images to SharePoint Survey

After so many SharePoint versions it is still not possible to add images to SharePoint survey questions. Most surveys I create require images that I have to implement with complex workaround coding...

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Binding in power point like word and excel

Hi All...There should be a office js API to add binding and get all binding in power point like word and excel.So that we can insert content from our addin widget into a binding.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Allow buttons to be clickable in presentation mode

During the slide show (presentation mode), it would be great if the user was able to click buttons. This worked until some weeks ago, but now I am not able to click buttons during presentations on my Laptop (Lenovo Thinkpad E540). The presentation will just jump to the next slide, thus the app is not focused. But this still works on my colleague's laptop (Asus Vivobook S400C).

Is this an intended change or will users be able to click buttons in PowerPoint content apps in the future?

Lenovo Laptop PowerPoint Version: 16.0.7726.1042 (64 Bit)
    Asus Laptop Powerpoint Version: 16.0.8201.2102 (32…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Trigger Presentation Mode in PowerPoint

Add functionality to trigger the presentation from within a taskpane add-in.
    Add the following function to the library: Document.setActiveViewAsync
    Having F5 reload the add-in is rather useless.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Add-in: PowerPoint  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. PowerPoint Add-in Instance Id

I would like to have a way of identifying Add-in instances once they are inserted in the document.

My addin adds a picture in the selected part of a PowerPoint document. At the same time I also add some persistent data using Office.context.document.settings.set

Is there a way to specify the name of the picture within powerpoint?
    When I unzip the pptx I see that my persistent data is on the webextensions.xml but when I look at inside the slide folder, for instance slides1.xml all I see is the pictures but I dont have a way to associate the pictures from…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. PowerPoint Online Bug

Hello, please fix the bug!
    When we are viewing a slideshow in PowerpointOnline created with add-in, slides containing add-in’s content do not appear to load. Error message
    I think this error is a bug of PowerPoint Online.I have created the other apps, that are already in MS Store market. They work without errors in read mode, but bring the same error in full screen mode. Please, look at this screen video: yadi.sk/d/mtypZZx-wNSst yadi.sk/i/coV_DWvQwNUTf
    I think there is a problem with using sharepoint Add-in files with PowerPoint Online for all webservices in fullscreenmode.
    It's really bug or it's my error?
    Manifest…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Add-in: PowerPoint  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Add ability to create/update charts in PowerPoint using JavaScript API

JavaScript API for PowerPoint is very limited at the moment. The only options we have are to insert text or picture. Presentations are all about the visualization, so it would be very cool if we have an option to add/update charts as well.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Add Common Distribution Curve Images to Shapes in Powerpoint (Bellshaped curve, skewed distribution, 1 sided normal distribution, etc)

Add Common Distribution Curve Images to Shapes in Powerpoint -(Bellshaped curve, skewed distribution, 1 sided normal distribution, etc)

I often must communicate problems in terms of theoretical population distributions. This is for concepts only of course since actual distributions can be graphed in Excel.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Add Support for running batch operations like in Word and Excel

Enable developers to add content to a Powerpoint file in a similar way that the Word 1.1 and Excel 1.1 API allow us to insert directly in document model

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Problems, Problems, Problems

we have big problems with the use of the Power Point API: The current version is full of bugs, versions are exchanged without prior notice, new versions are withdrawn ...

Why is that? When to expect a debugged, final version??

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Add-in: PowerPoint  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Add SlideSelectionChanged event for Powerpoint in the JavaScript API

The JavaScript API for Office should be enhanced so developers have an event notifying if the current slide in the normal / edit mode is changed. This would allow for more contextual user interaction.

38 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Add-in: PowerPoint  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. SVG insertion support for iOS (parity-bug!)

Support the inserting of SVG files also on iOS the same way this is currently supported on Windows, Mac etc.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. exhibit linked slide on hyperlinks

when on presentation mode - hovering over a hyperlinked item should display the linked slide/file in small and mute to the man presenting.
    sometimes in complicated and long presentations, it is very much needed to see where the links on the slide presented/next slide takes us!! it is useful and reassuring in case of forgetting or trying to decide whether to hop or not to the linked slide/file

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. exhibit linked slide on hyperlinks

when on presentation mode - hovering over a hyperlinked item should display the linked slide/file in small and mute to the man presenting.
    sometimes in complicated and long presentations, it is very much needed to see where the links on the slide presented/next slide takes us!! it is useful and reassuring in case of forgetting or trying to decide whether to hop or not to the linked slide/file

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 4 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base