Feedback by UserVoice

Feature Requests and Feedback

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add ability to create/update charts in PowerPoint using JavaScript API

JavaScript API for PowerPoint is very limited at the moment. The only options we have are to insert text or picture. Presentations are all about the visualization, so it would be very cool if we have an option to add/update charts as well.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Add-in: PowerPoint  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Add-in: PowerPoint  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow PowerPoint API to format font without selecting.

Would be great if the PPT API gave you control over the font formatting as the Word API does. That way an add-in could create part of the presentation.with the formatting already done for you. It'd also be nice if the API could detect the font on screen without needing it to be selected.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Ability to insert add-in on multiple slides or slide master

Add an option to insert add-in on single slide or multiple slides. Current add-in can be added only in single slide.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Edit object properties

It would be great if you'd allow to edit powerpoint oject properties. I want to e.g. set the font, color, background or spellcheck language from within my app on text boxes or the size/location of a selected object etc..

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Add-in: PowerPoint  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add ability to insert hyperlink to Powerpoint slides

Presently there is no way to insert hyperlink to the powerpoint slides using the office JS. So please add ability to insert hyperlink to Powerpoint slides

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Section control and multiple slides

It'd be great if the PPT API could give you control over slide sections and detect which section you are currently working under. And if you had control over all the slides in that section rather than just the current slide. That way if you needed a set of slide to look extremely similar you could control them all at once. Also the creation of sections and multiple slides would be great!

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Add Slide using Office JS In PowerPoint Addin

We need Office Js API which will insert slide in PowerPoint on office online and in installed PowerPoint add-in as well.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Adding web (iFrame or so on) to slide from Add-ins that extend functionality

Lot of Add-ins developers wants to create extend Add-in with adding same content to slides functionality(more, than images or text, that is allowed by setSelectedDataAsync method).

So they have to use Content Add-inns, and user have to add them to slides several times (for examle vote widgets of Mentimeter app.)
    Its very unconvinient!

Please provide us extended the functionality of adding web pages to slides

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. PowerPoint Add-in in 2016 no longer working after Windows 10 update

After Windows 10 update, PowerPoint add-ins in PowerPoint 2016 do not work in Slide Show mode. It just displays as a picture.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Add-in: PowerPoint  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Increase PowerPoint screen recorder frame rate

Please can you increase the frame rate that PowerPoint is able to record at? Screen recording in PP is an absolute game changer, but 10 fps is nowhere near high enough and produces footage that stutters along.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Please edit the Document.setSelectedDataAsync() for PowerPoint to allow passing parameters to add image as linked image.

This will allow developers to add image as linked image that will update when the image in the url is updated.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Allow PowerPoint API in VSTO to insert a field not only a datetime and slide number also a plain text

For now Microsoft.Office.Interop.PowerPoint.dll is so limited on this please provide some new methods on text range to insert a field not only a date time and slide number

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Find&Replace tool

Why don't you add the possibility to apply the Find & Replace tool only to a text selection, as is done in Microsoft Excel? This would be much appreciated!

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Trigger Presentation Mode in PowerPoint

Add functionality to trigger the presentation from within a taskpane add-in.
    Add the following function to the library: Document.setActiveViewAsync
    Having F5 reload the add-in is rather useless.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Allow buttons to be clickable in presentation mode

During the slide show (presentation mode), it would be great if the user was able to click buttons. This worked until some weeks ago, but now I am not able to click buttons during presentations on my Laptop (Lenovo Thinkpad E540). The presentation will just jump to the next slide, thus the app is not focused. But this still works on my colleague's laptop (Asus Vivobook S400C).

Is this an intended change or will users be able to click buttons in PowerPoint content apps in the future?

Lenovo Laptop PowerPoint Version: 16.0.7726.1042 (64 Bit)
    Asus Laptop Powerpoint Version: 16.0.8201.2102 (32…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. setSelectedDataAsync can not handle the image if the image size exceeds 5MB.

This is what I posted in forum as
    https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/bf48b450-6ee4-408b-a441-a53b23c75346/failing-to-insert-a-large-image-into-powerpoint-slides-using-setselecteddataasync-in-officejs?forum=appsforoffice

It seems this is a limitation or bug. We are using setSelectedDataAsync with base64 encoding to copy the image into slide. but the image is corrupted if the image size is relatively huge (like over 5MB). The same code works with both Word and Excel. I guess something went wrong with PowerPoint.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. PowerPoint Online Bug

Hello, please fix the bug!
    When we are viewing a slideshow in PowerpointOnline created with add-in, slides containing add-in’s content do not appear to load. Error message
    I think this error is a bug of PowerPoint Online.I have created the other apps, that are already in MS Store market. They work without errors in read mode, but bring the same error in full screen mode. Please, look at this screen video: yadi.sk/d/mtypZZx-wNSst yadi.sk/i/coV_DWvQwNUTf
    I think there is a problem with using sharepoint Add-in files with PowerPoint Online for all webservices in fullscreenmode.
    It's really bug or it's my error?
    Manifest…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Add-in: PowerPoint  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Enable "Send to back" functionality for content add-ins for PowerPoint

In my testing of content add-ins for Office I have found that the "Send to back/Bring to front" z-ordering does not work between the add-in component and other content in the slide. The add-in content is always in front of "native" content in the slide in the z-order. The z-ordering works between add-in content items. This means that you are not able to mix add-in content and native content in the slide - e.g. you can't add a text block over the top of an add-in element.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base