Feedback by UserVoice

Feature Requests and Feedback

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Ability to convert Add-In slide to image

Hello,

I would like to convert selected Add-In slide images to an image. For example to base64 or png format.

Currently the JavaScript Api doesn't support this.

For an old project I used the following method to get this done in a VSTO Add-In:

public string SlideToImage(Slide slide, string filePath)

{
    // Store images in the given path with slide name e.g. C:\Users\BramR\AppData\Local\Temp\2\slide_afbeeldingen.jpg
    var path = $"{filePath}\\{slide.Name}.jpg";
    slide.Export(path, "PNG", 1024, 768);
    return path;
    }

Is there a way I could do this with the new Office Add-In generation?

Regards,
    Bram

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Add-in: PowerPoint  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Insert images to SharePoint Survey

After so many SharePoint versions it is still not possible to add images to SharePoint survey questions. Most surveys I create require images that I have to implement with complex workaround coding...

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Save/Open events in PowerPoint web addin

Is there any Save/Open events available for PowerPoint Web Addin. We need to perform some operations during these events. We searched office documentations provided in Microsoft site for the events, but not found anything suitable.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Add Support for running batch operations like in Word and Excel

Enable developers to add content to a Powerpoint file in a similar way that the Word 1.1 and Excel 1.1 API allow us to insert directly in document model

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I would like to be able to run search and replace operation in MSWord and PowerPoint documents from command line without "button clicks".

I have a document with several fields the contents of which changes from project to project. Instead of opening this document in PowerPoint and running search/replace for each field, with a lot of keyboard/mouse input, I would like to be able to run a utility from command line, which would do it for me. For text files I could do it easily in Linux using sed, awk, etc. I need to be able to do the same for Word and PowerPoint files

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Support to get or write selected slide in office 365 online powerpoint

Please provide API for getting selected slide data as file in power point.
    I am able to get slide title and index using

Office.context.document.getSelectedDataAsync(Office.CoercionType.SlideRange, function (asyncResult) ;
    I required to get that as bytes or file of selected slide.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Add mini timer on slides.

Often you have very limited time on performance, and every person want to know how much time it have to make the presentation in time. I think it would be very useful and cool feature to know hou much time you have directly on slides. Maybe mini timer at the bottom corner of slides. And very cool if i can to configure it. For example I have an hour on performance and i have presentation with 20 slides. So i know that i have approx. 3 minutes on each slide. So i configure this built-in timer on 3 minutes and…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. exhibit linked slide on hyperlinks

when on presentation mode - hovering over a hyperlinked item should display the linked slide/file in small and mute to the man presenting.
    sometimes in complicated and long presentations, it is very much needed to see where the links on the slide presented/next slide takes us!! it is useful and reassuring in case of forgetting or trying to decide whether to hop or not to the linked slide/file

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. enable RTL rotation for PowerPoint Design Ideas

PowerPoint Design Ideas is a great feature!

Please allowchanging slide direction to RTL (180 degree rotation) of the suggested drawings, especially those with reading direction such as arrows, and slide heading background.

Thanks,

Efrat

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Fix PowerPoint hangs related to DisableADALatopWAMOverride=1

Occasionally, when a presentation is opened while a modal (add-in) dialog is open, PowerPoint seems to get into an infinite loop reading the following registry value:
    HKEYCURRENTUSER\Software\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Common\Identity\DisableADALatopWAMOverride

PowerPoint does not show as "Not responding" but effectively it is not responding to any clicks.

We have only seen this behavior on machines where DisableADALatopWAMOverride was set to 1. This cannot reliably be reproduced but happens on different machines for different users. All of this seems to be related to Office 365 authentication.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Fix PowerPoint's Presentation.SaveCopyAs method when saving to local OneDrive folder

Presentation.SaveCopyAs fails when trying to save to the local OneDrive folder. Steps to reproduce (tested with 16.0.11001 and 16.0.10730):

VBA:
    ActivePresentation.SaveCopyAs Environ("userprofile") & "\OneDrive\OneDriveSaveCopyAsTest.pptx"
    This does not give an error, but does not save the copy.

C#:
    ActivePresentation.SaveCopyAs(Environment.ExpandEnvironmentVariables(@"%userprofile%\OneDrive\OneDriveSaveCopyAsTest.pptx"));
    This throws a COMException with HRESULT 0x80CD1001.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Add-in: PowerPoint  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. SVG insertion support for iOS (parity-bug!)

Support the inserting of SVG files also on iOS the same way this is currently supported on Windows, Mac etc.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. PowerPoint 2016 Chart filter issue

PowerPoint chart filter shows "The linked file is not available" when the filter is clicked for the second time.

When troubleshooting the issue found out the cause as Excel VSTO Add-in which handles "ApplicationWorkbookOpen" Event in ThisAddin.vb. Even without any code in "ApplicationWorkbookOpen" causes this error. If I comment 'Application_WorkbookOpen' then it works fine.

This happens for other Workbook events as well.

Posted the same issue with a sample excel add-in in msdn fourm. Please go through for more information.

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/vstudio/en-US/7650df3d-3b60-4598-93ff-4730c945babb/powerpoint-2016-chart-filter-issue?forum=vsto

Our add-in is deployed for more that 5000 users globally. It will be great if this issue…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Binding in power point like word and excel

Hi All...There should be a office js API to add binding and get all binding in power point like word and excel.So that we can insert content from our addin widget into a binding.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Color correction AI

A feature that can analyse colors used in the presentation and suggest correction for better readability would be most useful.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. "help me to remember coding procedure."

"help me to remember the coding procedure."

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. jelly skateboard, sea filter, adam danny reyes made these 11-29-2017

i made these so i made this intresting call me at 3 willow from

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Add-in: PowerPoint  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Add a call to change the bitmap in a picture

At present when we need to change the bitmap in a picture, we need to delete the existing picture (shape) object and then insert a new one. And when doing so we need to cop all the properties of the picture across.

Just like we can presently change the position, seize, etc. of an existing picture, provide the ability to change the bitmap.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Why we can't search the Presentation by Tag in OneDrive

While we can search by suing Name,ID and content why we can't use to search presentations by custom tags ?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base