Feedback by UserVoice

Feature Requests and Feedback

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. ChakraCore or electron Add-in

Use ChakraCore, or anything like electron-based inside office Add-in.
    Move on, use open source.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Office Developer Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Photo Editing

Microsoft is no doubt a powerhouse in many different areas surrounding our businesses and personal lives. Keeping us organized and streamlining our daily tasks. How about Photo Editing. How many of us have photo editing apps on our tablets and phones?!

I think Microsoft should concentrate on giving Photoshop, Elements and Lightroom some serious competition. Elements is to complicated without some kind of class to help you along the way. So, Microsoft give us an easy to use powerhouse photo editing product!! :)

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Office Developer Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Office Fabric JS is lacking compared to Office Fabric React

ms-Button--command is not available in JS (although it was in previous versions)

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Please make Word Automation Services as Standalone Library

Manipulation on Microsoft Word Documents grammatically are very actual. Microsoft does not support "Word Object Model" on unattended scenarios, and Microsoft always make reference to OpenXMLSDK and Sharepoint Word Automation Services.

There is problem OpenXMLSDK is a library, Word Automation Services is not.

In many cases we developers besides manipulation of docx files, we also need convert them to other word supported format.

For that we have to install Windows 2016, Full SharePoint Server to have ability convert files. You may agree, this is too have for just for conversion tasks.

Please make Word Automation Services as Standalone Library (Even…

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Office Developer Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Office developer tools offline installer

I have a virtual DEV environment without internet access and physical non DEV machine without Admin rights or CD/USB access.

This means I can't install web platform installer and download offline version using this tool or install the office developer tools from the internet on my DEV machine.

Could you please always add links for offline installers to the download center?

Thanks

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Provide an SDK for UCWA

Unified Communications Web APIs are available since more than two years now, and earlier this year they've been (finally) enabled on O365 as well.

Still, as of today, there's no official SDK provided from MS to interact with UCWA.
    There are concepts in UCWA that are quite unique or not obvious at all: such as working with the Event Channel; for which there are no good working examples, or sufficient documentation.

More often we hear during presentations speakers saying: "... but because we're not animal, there's a package/library for that!"

I still consider myself an animal, but I would like…

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Excalc

there are 2 calculators in a windows pc
    1.calc.exe
    2.excel.exe

officially i use, excel for calculations more than i use calc

if there would be a utility excalc.exe which can launch a very simple 100column x 100row excel grid calculator for a quick calculation it would be a great addition

provided it should have a preloaded formula to perform any basic calculations

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Modified VBA to Find Text in a TextBox

The example code at link https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/office/ff845519%28v=office.14%29.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396 does not work properly with TextBoxes containing multiline property and line feeds because SelText ignores Chr(10) whereas Value does not ignore them and it results in highlighting the incorrect text (Out by number of Chr(10) characters in the text.)

The following modified code works correctly with multiline TextBoxes containing Chr(10) characters because it does not mix the use of SelText and Value (Uses only SelText)

Private Sub btnFindText_Click()

'This code initializes SelStart from zero to the length of the Text (or Value)

'SelText can then be searched for the string
    Dim lngPosition As Long

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Better parsing of require js modules in visual studio

Require.js modules are generally anonymous functions. Example:
    define(function (require) {...}

Visual Studio 2015 will not parse this anonymous function and provide a list of functions in the drop-down menu.

However, if a name is provided, VS does a fine job parsing the JavaScript. Example:
    define(function x(require) {...}

This request is to parse the anonymous functions. This small change would make Office.js development easier.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. please add some simple examples of using an odbc data source.

please add some simple examples of using an odbc data source.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Microsoft Office 365 API Tools support for Windows Store Apps written in JavaScript

There is currently no support for Windows Store Apps written in JavaScript in the Microsoft Office 365 API Tools: https://visualstudiogallery.msdn.microsoft.com/a15b85e6-69a7-4fdf-adda-a38066bb5155

Is it going to be supported in the future?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Allow you to associate Node.js web projects with Office for Apps project

It would be great to be able to associate Node.js web projects with the Office for Apps project. Currently when you try to select it you get "Property value is not valid. File is corrupt. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8013110E)"

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Add vsto project from list of project references to testproject

I started to employ the MVVM pattern for Word templates and other office addins. This implies that I want to use unit tests. It would be great if VS2012 and VS2013 would show the VSTO projects in the list of projects when adding references to test projects.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Office Developer Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Update Visual Studio Development Tools for Office 2013 SP1 and OpenXML SDK

As Microsoft has released SP1 for Office 2013, which includes some important features included like content app support in PowerPoint, But the Office development tools are not yet updated and also OpenXML is also not updated yet. I would suggest to update both these tools.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 3 5 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base