Feedback by UserVoice

Feature Requests and Feedback

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Can we get keyboard shortcuts for Office Add-in's

Many users already use keyboard shortcuts, this would make integration much easier.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Office Developer Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. UTF-8 or UTF-16 in VBA IDE and Messagebox

Please find a way to enter and display UTF-8 or UTF-16 strings (or at least UCS-2 (aka "Basic Multilingual Plane"))(Codepage 65001 or 1200) in the VBA Editor and in VBA-Functions like MsgBox().

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Office Developer Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Complete integration of Edge (Chromium) DevTools with Word Add-in Task Pane

The latest Edge Chromium DevTool communicates with my Word Add-in Task Pane, but the console feature does not display my addin console.log. Using the older standalone DevTools Preview does perform as it should. i.e I get all of my console output displayed.

Thank you in advance

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. VBA IDE automatically highlights the executed source code line.

To ensure program contains as minimal bugs, every line of source code should be executed. To know that, What I have done is copy source code to any editor that can highlight or change font attributes. And after I trace the source code line by line, I switch to that editor and manually highlight it. This takes a lot of effort and cumbersome. If VBA IDE can do it automatically, Highlight executed lines until they are edited or reset by the user, It is very useful.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Office Fabric JS is lacking compared to Office Fabric React

ms-Button--command is not available in JS (although it was in previous versions)

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Provide a VBA method to count cells for color set by conditional formatting

I noticed others have asked for a way to count cells by color. Great idea, but while you're at it, there's no way in VBA to count cells by assessing the color property set by conditional formatting, either. It is possible to create a function that will count cells that have the color property set using the fill method, but it has to be set volatile. It appears that the color property for a cell is not the same for conditional formatting as when using fill. That's interesting, and might actually be useful; however, the method would need to test…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. In the Access VBA reference, include the Access version(s) in which the feature is available

In the Access VBA reference (the Access Object Model documentation), please include the version in which each feature was introduced. That is, on each page describing a particular Object, Event, Method or Property, it would be useful to know in which version of Access it was introduced. That will make it possible to design in one version of Access and know that the code will run on an earlier version. Right now, the only way I know to do this is to test the database on an earlier version and find the components which aren't available by trial-and-error.

Other object…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Support a ternary operator in VBA

In C# or Javascript we have the option to use a ternary operator to efficiently manage true/false scenarios and avoid the need for specific error handlers

eg x = var ? "true" : "false"

VBA is missing an elegant way to solve this, would love to see support added

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Rest APIs for Content Search in Security and Compliance - Office 365

For an internal project, I need to make search for emails across the mail exchange server (Office 365) of my organisation. As we have content search in Security and Compliance in Office 365. I am not able to find relevant apis to implement the same. Can anyone help me with this? https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/compliance/content-search?view=o365-worldwide

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Add new msbuild/.csproj support to Office Developer Tools for VS 2017

Update the templates for VSTO Addins in the Office Developer Tools for VS in order to support the new msbuild engine introduced along with .net core and VS 2017.
    For example, we need the new .csproj format to move from packages.json to csproj to use nuget packages the easy way.
    Using a .net standard library at the moment is no fun.

I tried to port my existing vsto project, but failed after hours of investigation: The VSTO .targets files seem to be incompatible with the new msbuild engine.

Thank you!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Add access to the Out Of Office timing To MS Graph

I do not work on Monday. I would like an automated way (e.g. a script I write) to turn on out of office and set the dates and times this will be sent. Currently, this can only be done using outlook or Exchange Web Services. Please add this to MS Graph before EWS goes away.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Can you add some samples with respect making a MS Graph API call over a proxy server, I have a sharepoint site that is behind proxy

MS Graph API having an issue to query root Sites of a sharepoint site that is behind Proxy.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Allow a VBA connection between ACCESS and EXCEL

I would like to be able to link from ACCESS applications to EXCEL Sheets and from EXCEL applications to ACCESS tables. Of course using VBA.
    Probably too much to ask.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Retention policy in forms

I would like global administrators have a way of adding forms to retention policies

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. ChakraCore or electron Add-in

Use ChakraCore, or anything like electron-based inside office Add-in.
    Move on, use open source.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Please Open API for Microsoft Conversion Library RTF2Foreign

Please open the API for Conversion Library
    RTF2Foreign & Foreign2RTF

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Account alert has been locked

Hi,
    I recently received a prompt:
    Microsoft Alert! Account is locked, hope I can contact the administrator
    But I also received a renewal email two days ago (msonlineservicesteam@email.microsoftonline.com)
    is this real?

Thanks

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Office developer tools offline installer

I have a virtual DEV environment without internet access and physical non DEV machine without Admin rights or CD/USB access.

This means I can't install web platform installer and download offline version using this tool or install the office developer tools from the internet on my DEV machine.

Could you please always add links for offline installers to the download center?

Thanks

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Photo Editing

Microsoft is no doubt a powerhouse in many different areas surrounding our businesses and personal lives. Keeping us organized and streamlining our daily tasks. How about Photo Editing. How many of us have photo editing apps on our tablets and phones?!

I think Microsoft should concentrate on giving Photoshop, Elements and Lightroom some serious competition. Elements is to complicated without some kind of class to help you along the way. So, Microsoft give us an easy to use powerhouse photo editing product!! :)

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Improve VBA IDE: Increase number of UNDOs

VBA editor allows to undo only the last 20 steps. That feels like programming in 1980s. I don't think there is any reason not to raise this number, this particular improvement should be a TOP PRIORITY for the team.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base