Feedback by UserVoice

Feature Requests and Feedback

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. In the Project Explorer of the VBA editor clearly highlight the current edited module name

After selecting a module in Project Explorer when the user clicks in the VBA editing window, the highlighting of the current module name in Project Explorer almost disappears. It is only very faintly highlighted. It needs to be clearly highlighted so the Developer can easily see where they are in the project. I have a copy of xl2007 and the name remains lightly highlighted but in xl2016 it is so light that often I cannot detect which one is selected.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Office Developer Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Option to stop at each event function

Often, when troubleshooting a problem, I need to see the order of event procedure calls, when there are multiple controls triggering events, and you're wanting to see if some control's event is being called before the form's such and such event. Often I go in and put breakpoints in all the events. It would be great to just set an option that has Access stop at the top of each event procedure, so it can be reviewed.

Alternatively, a log of event procedure calls that can be reviewed for troubleshooting problems would be great. And an added bonus would be…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Office Developer Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Better parsing of require js modules in visual studio

Require.js modules are generally anonymous functions. Example:
    define(function (require) {...}

Visual Studio 2015 will not parse this anonymous function and provide a list of functions in the drop-down menu.

However, if a name is provided, VS does a fine job parsing the JavaScript. Example:
    define(function x(require) {...}

This request is to parse the anonymous functions. This small change would make Office.js development easier.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Modified VBA to Find Text in a TextBox

The example code at link https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/office/ff845519%28v=office.14%29.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396 does not work properly with TextBoxes containing multiline property and line feeds because SelText ignores Chr(10) whereas Value does not ignore them and it results in highlighting the incorrect text (Out by number of Chr(10) characters in the text.)

The following modified code works correctly with multiline TextBoxes containing Chr(10) characters because it does not mix the use of SelText and Value (Uses only SelText)

Private Sub btnFindText_Click()

'This code initializes SelStart from zero to the length of the Text (or Value)

'SelText can then be searched for the string
    Dim lngPosition As Long

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. fast

good

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Update Visual Studio Development Tools for Office 2013 SP1 and OpenXML SDK

As Microsoft has released SP1 for Office 2013, which includes some important features included like content app support in PowerPoint, But the Office development tools are not yet updated and also OpenXML is also not updated yet. I would suggest to update both these tools.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Office Developer Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Operating System is not configured

I was just helped with my issue. I have an Office 2013 H&B that was updated on 8 january. Since I received the error except in Outlook.
    I use Bitdefender as an antivirus.
    There is an issue between both applications. I can keep running Bitdefender (Total Security 2019) but I need to deactivate "Advanced Threat Defense". When that is down everything works.
    Now it's patience till another update comes.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Augment VBA with an Option Breakable Loop which inserts a 'DoEvents' call before each Wend, Loop or Next

VBA Loops can be a little hard to break if you haven't remembered to insert DoEvents. I suggest adding an option to VBA which yields control at the iteration of every loop.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. ... use data of changes made on a document and time spent on it to make the user sure not to mistakenly close the doc without saving it.

... use data of changes made on a document and time spent on it to make the user sure not to mistakenly close the doc without saving it.
    This may happen when the open docs are so similar in content and everything, as happened for myself and 2hours effort disappeared. For example you can ask twice if the user is sure to close the doc without saving it.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. MS Access Developer Tools to add.

This is for developing Access Databases and should be part of the Database Tools: One thing about developing Access Database or any database in that manner is the need to interview workers and analyze current work functions as part of database planning ... I think there needs to be some sort of automated questions document forms and other sheets to help organize and plan the database.

I can see there are some database tools such as Analyze tables and database Documenter but those doesn't help much before the databases are developed.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Have a single list for going to a procedure in the VBA editor

The VBA editor with two dropdowns at the top, one for object and one for procedure, is fine, I suppose, for creating procedures (though I never use it). But it's a pain in the butt for going to an existing procedure. I never use it for that either, since it's easier to just do a Find on the procedure name you want.

I would like a SINGLE LIST of all current procedures in the module, so as to be able to easily navigate between them. The list should be in the order the procedures are in; or modifiable between that…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 3 5 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base