Feedback by UserVoice

Feature Requests and Feedback

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add-in Developers - Automated Testing Platform

It is very difficult to test add-ins against multiple versions of Office and on different platforms.

For example, I ran into an issue where I had the latest macOS but a user had an older version. It was very difficult to debug and test code against that older version.

Therefore, it would be nice to have something like https://www.browserstack.com/ or Sauce Labs that was available to Add-in Developers so that we could run some automated testing in CI to make sure our changes will work on multiple platforms and environments. Maybe even at a minimum a set of VM's like…

76 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Developer portals & programs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Provide debugging support for DAO, at least give specific error feedback when there is a syntax or context error.

MS has reportedly decided to support and improve the DAO offering. Please add debugging tools to provide specific feedback when the DAO statement syntax parsing logic finds a coding error.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Developer portals & programs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. I have an idea that will make (office access) better .. how can I present my idea to someone at Microsoft .. jerrywa0h@sbcglobal.net

I have an idea that will make (Microsoft office access) better.

??? how can I present my idea to someone at Microsoft ???

jerry gentry (waØh)
    jerrywa0h@sbcglobal.net

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Developer portals & programs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Please provide the ability to move O365 tenant Data Region move in the Office Developer Program

Currently when we sign up for the Office Developer Program and create and O365 Subscription, the tenant is set to North America. This causes the inability to test add-in and functionality in the data center local to developer's location. Can you please provide the ability for O365 data region to be able to move? This solves latency and data sovereignty issues.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Developer portals & programs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. to support bitcode in OneDrive iOS SDK.

The aim is to decrease the size of my iOS app using OneDrive SDK by eliminating unused object code.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Developer portals & programs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. put the same text font in the table of contents.

When we introduce the summary it comes with the letter in Calibri, and should come in the same way that we are using in the text

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. find job

hi my name is soheil I live in Iran. I can give some ideas about its design to improve the performance of the Xbox. Please send your comment to this email:soheil.jahangosha2017@gmail.com

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Support Custom CSS via AlternateCSSUrl web property on Modern SharePoint pages

Some users have decided to use the modern experience for lists and libraries within existing sites, but the CSS in the AlternateCSSUrl web property is not supported on the modern pages, resulting in an inconsistent UI for things like the Top Nav and Quick Launch as compared to the rest of the site. If we could apply CSS globally to these elements via the AlternateCSSUrl web property we could make a difference, instead of having to turn off the option to use modern pages for all users in order to control the UI.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. please help in creating a whatscan which is already on andriod into a windows mobile

is a way of seeing other people whatsapp chat while ur not with them it about scanning d barcode of a friends barcode

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. dev.office.com/blogs RSS link

I would like to subscribe to new posts in dev.office.com/blogs but I see no way to currently do this.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Method to close the add-in

I needed an exit button for the add-in I am developing. I could not find any method in office library to close the add-in programatically.

I suggest to include this functionality as soon as possible

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Microsoft Office 365 Developer

Hello,
    I sent a request to participate in: Microsoft Office 365 Developer Program. Then twice (at your request) sent additional information. No response received. It's been over 7 days!!! Please let me know something.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I couldn't to send or receive messages all day long.

What's happening with hotmail? Neither me or my friend were able to send or receive messages all day long! This is rather annoying, does anyone know what's up and when the error will be eliminated, at last?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Update Fabric UI grid classes

The grid classes on the site (https://dev.office.com/fabric#/styles/layout) are as follows: ms-sm12
    They don't work, if you open the css file (https://static2.sharepointonline.com/files/fabric/office-ui-fabric-core/4.1.0/css/fabric.min.css), you find classes like ms-u-sm12.

Please update the documentation and add the "-u-".

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. How to get one year free developer tenant?

I have join the developer program but i didn't see any option to create 1 year free developer tenant. On the "Thank you page", I can see 2 option which are Redeem free 30 day trial tenant or email for longer subscription. I have email them last week and i didn't get any response yet. i tried send few follow email but still no reply.

Anyone have any suggestion on how to get hold one year free developer tenant?

Thank you in advance.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Developer portals & programs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. nederlands

Graag in het Nederlands.
    in Dutch

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Separate Sidebar scroll from Main Window scroll

On the Office Fabric homepage (http://dev.office.com/fabric#/), I think it would be easier to read the documentation if the main window scrolled separate from the sidebar view.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. inbuilt application to chat over local area network(provided both are windows pc)

An application which would be available on both windows pc and users connected to the same network can chat locally on the network(more like whatsapp of windows ).

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. make Word Automation Services Open Source

Please make Office Automation Service Open Source product give us ability to convert document to DOCX and work with them via Open XML SDK.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Allow Microsoft, Android Os, Chrome Os, Sprint, Boost Mobile, LG, Motorola LLC to combine knowledge

I want to ask permission from all of these Companies to combine their knowledge together to put on a laptop just like my acer laptop, because it has a window 7 now it is running on Windows 10...it has a at least 300GB storage, 11 channel of network such as wifi connection, it has the capability to communicate to any unknown IP addresse because it has "null" inside somehow along the line. But what really bothers me is when anyone would dare to put their fingers right on my acer laptop like to change everything around. Com'on I don't even…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base