Feedback by UserVoice

Feature Requests and Feedback

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Remove App version field from office store submission form

Currently when you submit an app to office store, you have to enter app version, this has to match the version defined in manifest, this seems redundant to me, can we remove this field from the submission form. App manifest describes the version of the app and having to enter it again during submission seems redundant to me additionally the app validation fails when they don't match, don't believe this is called out anywhere in policy, I could be wrong.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Office Store & Catalog  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Provide access to app validation reports

Currently you can only see the app validation report for your last submission, if you've had multiple submissions there is no history available. Make it work similar to windows store and windows phone seller portal

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Office Store & Catalog  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Office Store & Catalog  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. NPM Package for Apps for Office JavaScript libraries

Please create an NPM package distribution in addition to the NuGet package for Apps for Office JavaScript libraries.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Sanely allow Apps for Office deployment to a local computer

Developing my first App for Office (specifically Excel) was an experience I found to be unnecessarily difficult. The Trusted App Catalogs user interface in Excel:

File -> Options -> Trust Center -> Trust Center Settings... -> Trusted App Catalogs

Is a giant mess. There's no browse button - just a field to punch in a string that has to be formatted a specific way and only allows network shares and SharePoint remote servers. First off, I was expecting to see a checkbox to "Allow manifest files from untrusted locations" that would then open up a way to select a XML…

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Fix issues with trial to paid transition for office apps users (users locked in trial mode after buying apps)

We keep getting reports and complaints from users that buy our apps but seem to be locked in trial mode. Receiving 1/2 reports a day. We checked that we are receiving trial tokens in the app, but users confirm that they bought the apps. Some are able to reset somehow, but most can't.

This error is also described here (see first review by Rod):
    http://office.microsoft.com/en-gb/store/mini-calendar-and-date-picker-WA102957665.aspx

Other recent feedback from user:

"I tried all the usual suspects. Reloaded excel. Refreshed apps in excel. Attempted to repurchase through excel to see if it would kick in. Restarted the computer."

"If my memory…

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Office Store & Catalog  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Favorites Apps for Office

Make possible to add an App to the list of Favorites Apps. Favorites Aps should be available on the Home ribbon tab and/or available from the Quick Access Toolbar.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
1 3 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base