Feedback by UserVoice

Feature Requests and Feedback

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. add optional/mandatory/required option to other Office Apps through Central Deployment

Using Central Deployment, you can only set the options of optional/mandatory/required when deploying an Outlook add-in. This feature would be useful for other Office Applications too.

We have an internally developed add-in that it would make sense to make available to all employees and announce it's availability. Only those employees that have a need for it would add it to their Office environment. This is more consistent with VBA/COM add-in behavior where they can uncheck and check them when needed.

The current solution we are investigating is to create a software center package that when installed adds a user to…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Add-in: Deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. expose Notes in the Excel JavaScript API as an alternative to Comments

Comments are useful when you expect other authors to review or respond to the information. Notes are still useful when you don't expect that same use.

For our use case, we pull timeseries values into the Excel spreadsheet but are expected to add observation level metadata as notes to those values, so as not to disrupt the actual data grid. We have tried with the current Comment API however it pollutes the Comment Review with potentially tens of thousands of comments that are not meant for collaboration.

I've also noticed others say you can't add Notes in the iPad version…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Add-in: Excel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Update Outlook Actionable Messages to latest version of Adaptive Cards

Adaptive Cards is on v1.3 and has a lot of cool features.

From the Adaptive Cards playground, and independent testing it seems only v1.0 of Adaptive Cards is supported.

Would like to see Outlook Actionable Messages updated to support the latest version of Adaptive Cards (currently 1.3)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Office Developer Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Ability to open display form in current window without opening via pop-up/dialog window

Ability to open display form in current window without opening via pop-up/dialog window for :
    displayNewMessageForm
    displayReplyAllForm
    displayReplyForm.

Will be great to have boolean parameter to manage a behavior.
    This feature is good to avoid the issue with add-ins into dialog window for New Outlook UI
    https://github.com/OfficeDev/office-js/issues/1438

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Add-in: Outlook  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Dialog window has to support add-ins for the New Mac UI

Our clients are using new Outlook design 16.42 (20101102)
    Our Add-in uses functions: reply/replyAll/forward they open Dialog window(pop-up) and this window does not support add-ins.
    This is really critical issue, because our clients use pinned panel of add-ins to complete their workflow.
    https://github.com/OfficeDev/office-js/issues/1438

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Add-in: Outlook  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. No preview in the Quickparts scrollmenu

Too small for the eyes, too big for the place... scrolling for nothing, ache for free 😎

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Allow aliases to be assigned to specific cells, then display those aliases in formulas that refer to them

I'd like to be able to assign aliases to specific cells, then (optionally) display those aliases in formulas that refer to them. This would be akin to assigning variable names to those contents, so that it's easier to track what is being referred to in formulas which aren't anywhere near them in the spreadsheet (and make it easier to understand the spreadsheet when I'm first being exposed to it).

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Add-in: Excel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Provide support for Onsend Addin and Api requirement set 1.8 in New Mac UI.

New Mac UI available from version 16.42 does not support Onsend Addin and Api requirement set 1.8 which is very critical for our DLP solution to work.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. The returned text by “context.document.getSelection()” not runs for special characters

I would like to get the correct value for special characters when I use the command "context.document.getSelection()".
    All details in the next link:
    https://stackoverflow.com/questions/64385392/the-returned-text-by-context-document-getselection-not-runs-for-special-char

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Add-in: Word  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. context.document.body.lists could return list items inside of Tables.

Hello,
    I have found that the command "context.document.body.lists" not return that list items that it are inside of table. I think that it could be nice to do it.
    For more info:
    https://stackoverflow.com/questions/64351092/searching-list-items-in-word-document-but-the-list-items-not-be-found-inside-of

Thank you very much for your time and effort.
    BR.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Add-in: Word  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. BKF file viewer

If you have Windows backup files and looking for a way to open the BKF files then you should use the new BKF viewer tool. With this tool, you can open and view all the contents of BKF files very easily. You can also view corrupted BKF files without any issue. You can the tool on all versions of Windows and it quickly opens the BKF file without any delay or problem.
    For more info:- https://bit.ly/viewBKFfiles

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Add-in: General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Delete comments in the selected area

Hello,

In Excel Online, we can select a range of the cells, right-click on it, and delete the comments that are located in this area. Is it possible to reproduce the same behavior using excel js API? If we apply context.workbook.comments.getItemByCell to a cell that has no comments, an error occurs. If we try to add a comment to a cell that already has a comment, an error occurs too.

Could you add a method that allows us to delete comments in the range? Something like the getItemByCellOrNullObject method for handling comments or similar method to help avoid these inconveniences…

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Access client-side Outlook email forward rules by the office-js SDK

There are email forward rules that run on a server side and can be viewed by the MSGraphAPI and there are the rules the exist on the local machine. They run only when Outlook client is running and after the email has been downloaded.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. platform in manifest file

Is it possible to specify Platform along with Hosts in manifest file ? Any workaround to show the addin only for Web client not for thick client?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Endpoint to 'Remove from Calendar' to a canceled event

Make a endpoint to remover from user calendar canceled events instead of strikethrough text

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. MS Access Password Recovery

Now recover the lost or forgotten MS Access database password with the help of MS Access Password recovery tool. With this tool you can recover the password without any issue. There is no data alteration or data loss during the recovery process and the tool recovers the password of the MS Access database very easily.
    For more info:- https://bit.ly/3jFcPgO

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Lost access to my MS 365 Developer dashboard

Hi,

I created my Developer profile with my xxx@example.com account (this is an example ! The real account is in my uservoice profile) but I have migrated this account from one tenant (yyy.onmicrosoft.com / custom domain example.com) to another after that (zzz.onmicrosoft.com with custom domain example.com).

Then, I cannot access my developer profile page anymore with the same UPN since the account has changed.

I contacted Office support and they redirected to developer support (https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/support/).

I contacted developer support and they redirected me to https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/office/docs#officecommunity

Who can help me and how can I get my Office developer dashboard…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Developer portals & programs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Please use the monoline icons in File Explorer

There are so many icons that don't necessarily need a higher resolution (for backwards compatibility) but need a new design.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)