Feedback by UserVoice

Feature Requests and Feedback

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Checkin comments in version history of listItem

When querying the version history of a listItem in sharepoint via ms-graph API I get something like:

{
    "@odata.context": "https://graph.microsoft.com/v1.0/$metadata#sites('site-id')/lists('list-id')/items('item-id')/versions",
    "value": [
    {
    "id": "2.00",
    "lastModifiedDateTime": "2019-07-15T18:34:05Z",
    "lastModifiedBy": {
    "user": {
    "email": "foo@bar.com",
    "id": "1234",
    "displayName": "Foo Bar"
    }
    },
    "fields@odata.context": "https://graph.microsoft.com/v1.0/$metadata#sites('site-id')/lists('list-id')/items('item-id')/versions('2.00')/fields/$entity",
    "fields": {
    "_CheckinComment": "",
    }
    },
    {
    "id": "1.00",
    "lastModifiedDateTime": "2019-07-12T20:40:32Z",
    "lastModifiedBy": {
    "user": {
    "email": "foo@bar.com",
    "id": "1234",
    "displayName": "Foo Bar"
    }
    },
    "fields@odata.context": "https://graph.microsoft.com/v1.0/$metadata#sites('site-id')/lists('list-id')/items('item-id')/versions('1.00')/fields/$entity",
    "fields": {
    "_CheckinComment": "",
    }
    }
    ]
    }

I removed the unnecessary fields in this example.

My problem…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Microsoft Graph/O365 REST APIs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow Taskpane Addin's and custom functions to control content addins

This would allow the ability to have the menu system outside of the content add-in. In addition would provide the ability to seamlessly bring in other charting libraries for more complicated live charting of financial data.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Add-in: Excel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Missing UndoCheckout in microsoft-graph API

I am missing an REST endpoint to undo a checkout.

In the ms-graph API (beta) there are endpoints to checking and checkout a file. But none for discarding the checkout.

The web view of sharepoint offers me that option.

Will this feature come to ms-graph or do I have to figure out how to achieve this via sharepoint rest apis?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Microsoft Graph/O365 REST APIs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Enable Read.Basic feature for Application Permission for Graph Api

Enable Read.Basic feature, which is available for Delegated permission to Application Permission.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Provide "type" ('group' or 'user' or etc.) field for attendees

For now, Graph API is not able to distinguish groups or users in the attendee collection of the Event, and as a result, if we need to process all users on some event we have to store existing groups in cache or make an additional call to graph API.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. MS Graph filter on user-skills

Having your skills in Delve is a nice feature. However, several customers ask us to implement a feature where you can filter on skills and show users who possess those skills (= aka a competence matrix).
    It would be nice if you could filter using Graph, for example by using the following query: https://graph.microsoft.com/v1.0/users?$filter=skills/any(c:c eq 'PowerApps')

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. MSProject - provide ability to sync tasks

Currently for MS project we have only gettasksync. We need to loop through every task and make our call to api endpoints. Would be great if there is a way to sync all tasks instead of looping.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Add-in: Shared APIs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. see user presence with a Graph call

I'd like see user presence with a Graph call so I can have an indicator if they are available for chat in teams or out of the office etc.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. ADD PERSIAN DATE TO OFFICE

HELLO
    PLEASE ADD PERSIAN DATE TO OFFICE (MSPROJECT,WORD,...)
    THANK YOU VERY MUCH

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Add-in: General/Shared  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Why did anyone remove the Mac, Excel click to add cells function...complaining about this on Office.com Excel uservoice forum since 2015.

I do not know where to post this, so someone, please, lend a hand with getting this to the correct people. Why did anyone remove the Mac, Excel click to add cells function? Numerous of us have been complaining about this on Office.com Excel uservoice forum since 2015. Some "team member" from MS actually responded to this on March 28, 2018, but we've heard nothing from anyone at MS other than that...and no followup to their response. This is not something new, but a most useful feature that was removed for some reason. Please help with getting this feature reinstated.…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Add-in: Deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Time out when calling getMessages in Outlook rest API V2.0

Hi there, I'm using this API: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/previous-versions/office/office-365-api/api/version-2.0/mail-rest-operations#get-messages.
    When I add "$search="From:*"" in the request, this call will get time out if 0 results are found.

I also tried to use List messages of Microsoft Graph API: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/graph/api/user-list-messages?view=graph-rest-1.0&tabs=http.
    If 0 results are found, it also gets time out. code: 504.

Is it a bug? Anyone has ideas?

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Implement API in Word.js to get control of Office's red curvy underline

I want to show context based errors in word for bengali language in Word. If I can get access to the mentioned API, it will make the work better. Manual implementation is difficult as when I want to export the doc as pdf, I want the underline to be gone (something that happens in Word automatically)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Add-in: Word  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Add-in: Outlook  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Office Javascript API Function to Execute Macros that Exist in Workbook

We just need a clean way to use the Javascript API to tell Excel to execute an existing VBA Macro. While VBA may be falling out of favor to development teams, it's very much alive in the workplace. Excel and Macros are tied to the hip. I imagine this to be a very simple implementation. Let this be an olive branch between VBA and Office JS API.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Add-in: Excel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Organization Hierarchy using Microsoft Graph

Create a single endpoint that allows pulling the entire hierarchy (upwards) of a user.

This would be instead of recursively calling "manager" on every user until you get to the top.

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Why Should We Use This API To Connect To SharePoint When There Is An Existing SharePoint API?

Seems confusing as to when or why a developer should use the Graph API to connect to SharePoint when a REST API exists for connecting to SharePoint objects already.

I see one of the reasons which is to eventually pull all of the API's into Graph. But right now it is not clear when to use which API.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Handling Draft save event in OWA

I'm developing an add-in on OWA which basically handles classified information being sent and received through OWA. However, the existence of the Draft saving feature breaks my security model. When a copy of the email is saved to Exchange Server, that information is considered leaked out. Thus, I would like to request for a way to handle the draft saving event, either allowing me to block it for a certain type of mail or to at least parse the content first before saving, similar to your On Send event.

Thanks!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Add local attachments to a new MessageForm

I am developing an Web add-in which basically decrypts SMIME content and displays it to the user. To achieve this, I'm creating a new display form using either displayNewMessageForm or displayReplyForm and populating it with the content. This works fine for mail with not attachments. However for mail with attachments, it would be great if there was a mechanism to add the attachments to the form without having to upload it to some server first. Since adding attachments stored locally can already be done manually, I don't see why it is so difficult to implement some programmatic way of achieving…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Add the ability to set value or text attribute in Adaptive Card when Action.ToggleVisibility is used

Add the ability to set value or text field in Adaptive Card when Action.ToggleVisibility is used. This will allow AC developers to pass values or selections.

Scenario: User clicks and image which triggers the Action.ToggleVisibility if I can set a targetElement's value, I can store the actioin in a value which wold be passed at ActionSet time.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Developer Programs & dev.office.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. add readwrite group calendar for application permission mode in graph api

We need to create calendar events in group calendar programatically.
    Currently we can only create events in user's calendar.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 51 52
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base