Feedback by UserVoice

Feature Requests and Feedback

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Ability to get Outlook signature for a user from the graph API

In OWA the user can edit a cloud-stored signature. We would like to use the Graph API to access this user's stored signature in order to append the signature to an email that they compose in our system. This avoids us having to store a separate signature in our system and then the user does not have to manage multiple signatures.

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Microsoft Graph/O365 REST APIs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Organization Hierarchy using Microsoft Graph

Create a single endpoint that allows pulling the entire hierarchy (upwards) of a user.

This would be instead of recursively calling "manager" on every user until you get to the top.

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Microsoft Graph/O365 REST APIs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Accessing MS Teams Private Chats (messages) via Microsoft Graph API teams endpoint

Currently, the Graph API exposes endpoints in beta to access messages within a specific channel.
    Right now, accessing chat conversations outside of channels is currently not possible.

Please add support to access existing Person-to-Person Chats outside of Teams and Channels, so we can start developing apps around chat messages with team members.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Microsoft Graph/O365 REST APIs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. imporve searching managedDevice by roleScopeTagIds or lack thereof

currently when querying https://graph.microsoft.com/beta/deviceManagement/managedDevices scope tag ids are empty - roleScopeTagIds property -.

A way to query devices in function of those would be usefull for those of us that want to automate tag assignement.

I do find that empty array on roleScopeTagIds is missleading but understand that this could lead to much data delivered as the tags are not capped.

Either do cap the number of tags per device...

Or provide a way to query managedDevices per tag or lack there of:
    maybe a method to request those (with our without roleScopeTagIds).

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Microsoft Graph/O365 REST APIs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Time out when calling getMessages in Outlook rest API V2.0

Hi there, I'm using this API: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/previous-versions/office/office-365-api/api/version-2.0/mail-rest-operations#get-messages.
    When I add "$search="From:*"" in the request, this call will get time out if 0 results are found.

I also tried to use List messages of Microsoft Graph API: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/graph/api/user-list-messages?view=graph-rest-1.0&tabs=http.
    If 0 results are found, it also gets time out. code: 504.

Is it a bug? Anyone has ideas?

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Filter on User officeLocation

Using the Microsoft Graph API, I am able to filter out results on a /user/ endpoint using various properties on each User object, like "$filter=givenName eq 'somename'" and "$filter=startswith(mobile, '9188')", but I am not able to filter on the "officeLocation" property, instead receiving the message "Unsupported or invalid query filter clause specified for property 'officeLocation' of resource 'User'."

I am currently developing the backend API of a webservice, and filtering on "officeLocation" is a crucial part in our particular case as we use "officeLocation" to denote which store a particular user belongs to. To fetch all users belonging to a…

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Please enable filtering Office 365 Groups by createdDateTime attribute. we have a huge number of Groups created in our tenant

Please enable filtering Office 365 Groups by createdDateTime attribute. we have a huge number of Groups created in our tenant Every day lot of groups are created by end users and we don't have a mechanism to query the number of groups created. This will help us to get the list of groups and apply governance on them.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Ability to get User "signInNames" from Microsoft Graph API and SDK

Can you please add support to return the User "signInNames" from the Microsoft Graph API and SDK. Only the Azure Graph API currently returns it.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Feature Requests for Microsoft Graph moved to microsoftgraph.uservoice.com

This category has been deprecated.

Please go to https://microsoftgraph.uservoice.com/ to submit any feature requests related to Microsoft Graph and O365 REST APIs.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. see user presence with a Graph call

I'd like see user presence with a Graph call so I can have an indicator if they are available for chat in teams or out of the office etc.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Microsoft Graph tutorials for React Native

Provide a step by step tutorial for creating a React Native app for calling Microsoft Graph APIs.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Compare with null

Currently, a filter like "$filter=mail eq null" fails with the error message
    "Unsupported or invalid query filter clause specified for property 'mail' of resource 'User'."

According to the OData spec, comparison with the literal "null" is allowed, and only "null" is equal to "null".

A simple use-case:
    In our AD, there might exists users that have no email address registered to them. We would like to find these users, but that would mean we have to filter out people with "mail eq null", which we cannot. The current solution to this is to fetch every single user (currently roughly 13000…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Not equals comparison

Filtering by something along the lines of "givenName ne 'foo'" produces
    "Unsupported property filter clause operator 'NotEqualsMatch'."

Assuming "not equals" comparisons simply have not yet been implemented, when will we see this implemented in the future?

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Provide "type" ('group' or 'user' or etc.) field for attendees

For now, Graph API is not able to distinguish groups or users in the attendee collection of the Event, and as a result, if we need to process all users on some event we have to store existing groups in cache or make an additional call to graph API.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Checkin comments in version history of listItem

When querying the version history of a listItem in sharepoint via ms-graph API I get something like:

{
    "@odata.context": "https://graph.microsoft.com/v1.0/$metadata#sites('site-id')/lists('list-id')/items('item-id')/versions",
    "value": [
    {
    "id": "2.00",
    "lastModifiedDateTime": "2019-07-15T18:34:05Z",
    "lastModifiedBy": {
    "user": {
    "email": "foo@bar.com",
    "id": "1234",
    "displayName": "Foo Bar"
    }
    },
    "fields@odata.context": "https://graph.microsoft.com/v1.0/$metadata#sites('site-id')/lists('list-id')/items('item-id')/versions('2.00')/fields/$entity",
    "fields": {
    "_CheckinComment": "",
    }
    },
    {
    "id": "1.00",
    "lastModifiedDateTime": "2019-07-12T20:40:32Z",
    "lastModifiedBy": {
    "user": {
    "email": "foo@bar.com",
    "id": "1234",
    "displayName": "Foo Bar"
    }
    },
    "fields@odata.context": "https://graph.microsoft.com/v1.0/$metadata#sites('site-id')/lists('list-id')/items('item-id')/versions('1.00')/fields/$entity",
    "fields": {
    "_CheckinComment": "",
    }
    }
    ]
    }

I removed the unnecessary fields in this example.

My problem…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Teams Message Cards - Add a canDelete option so users can delete the card from Teams

When a Connector posts a Card to a channel (e.g. we have an Azure Function that transforms incoming data and posts to Teams when it's called), I'd like to include in the card json some bit that indicates that anyone in the Team should be able to delete the card. As it is, they are completely immutable and it's super annoying.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Teams Message Cards - Allow a Connector to reply to a previous card it created

We have a workflow where we post to teams when an on-call incident is raised. When it's mitigated or resolve I'd like the bot to reply to the original post.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Microsoft Teams: provide means to manage "Hidden Teams" for users

In the Microsoft Teams client we'd like to move some teams to the "hidden teams" section of the teams list for certain users. We'd like to have an API for that.

Background: some (executive) users are members of many teams but only actively work in some of them. For them, newly created teams shouldn't be displayed in "Your teams" but rather be accessible via "hidden teams", if necessary.

(For our use case it might as well be sufficient to specify a list of users to hide the new team from. But an API would be more flexible.)

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. MS Graph filter on user-skills

Having your skills in Delve is a nice feature. However, several customers ask us to implement a feature where you can filter on skills and show users who possess those skills (= aka a competence matrix).
    It would be nice if you could filter using Graph, for example by using the following query: https://graph.microsoft.com/v1.0/users?$filter=skills/any(c:c eq 'PowerApps')

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base