Feedback by UserVoice

Feature Requests and Feedback

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Solve Office Activation Issues on Azure VMs

Office installed on Azure VMs are losing their activation after a VM shutdown. This makes it impossible to create test VMs or use Office on a developer VM to develop/test/deploy(buildserver output) on Azure. Activation based on hardware assets such as harddrive and network MAC/IP combinations is outdated in 2014 and invalidates your VM images.

65 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    4 comments  ·  Developer portals & programs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add-in Developers - Automated Testing Platform

It is very difficult to test add-ins against multiple versions of Office and on different platforms.

For example, I ran into an issue where I had the latest macOS but a user had an older version. It was very difficult to debug and test code against that older version.

Therefore, it would be nice to have something like https://www.browserstack.com/ or Sauce Labs that was available to Add-in Developers so that we could run some automated testing in CI to make sure our changes will work on multiple platforms and environments. Maybe even at a minimum a set of VM's like…

44 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Developer portals & programs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Make the E5 Developer Subscription Available To Existing Developers

Microsoft have decided to make the E5 Developer Subscription available to only new developer subscriptions. Can this be made available to existing developers?

https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepoint/blogs/new-microsoft-365-e5-subscription-with-ems-now-available-for-developers/

39 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    In Backlog  ·  5 comments  ·  Developer portals & programs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. VBA to WASM (web assembly) compiler

VB/A runs on windows and mac, 32/64 bits, it's interpreted, and compiled (classic VB). Port the compiler for the WASM VM. It would probably then become possible to run VB/A macros in the Office Web Apps, on all supported platforms.

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Developer portals & programs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Insert Visual Basic 6.0 programming language as default on Windows 10 updates

This is one of the fastest programming languages out there. Let's be realistic, all the "top" listings in which VB. NET is in top, are pure lies. VB6 was, is, and will be used by many, constantly. Young people constantly come to VB6 in a natural way. People simply use VB6 because is smart, fast and powerful (and independent of .NET).

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Developer portals & programs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add Windows to "Microsoft 365 E5 Developer"

Need to test and work with Microsoft Virtual Desktop and use autopilot scenarios for Enterprise testing. The Pro to Enterprise step up integrated into Azure AD is needed

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Developer portals & programs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Support Custom CSS via AlternateCSSUrl web property on Modern SharePoint pages

Some users have decided to use the modern experience for lists and libraries within existing sites, but the CSS in the AlternateCSSUrl web property is not supported on the modern pages, resulting in an inconsistent UI for things like the Top Nav and Quick Launch as compared to the rest of the site. If we could apply CSS globally to these elements via the AlternateCSSUrl web property we could make a difference, instead of having to turn off the option to use modern pages for all users in order to control the UI.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Developer portals & programs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. API for Office Upload Center

Releasing API for Office Upload Center. So as to automate the process of deletion of cached files and also selecting the various options like Show Upload Failure Notification","Show Pending Upload notifications" etc

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Developer portals & programs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Add App Launcher to AppChrome

Add the ability to have the App Launcher a part of the current AppChrome JavaScript code.

I would like to build some internal applications and SharePoint Apps using the Office UI Fabric and would like the Office 365 look and feel to include the AppChrome and App Launcher.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/office/office365/howto/javascript-controls#create-appchrome-in-spa

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Developer portals & programs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Provide samples for Laravel PHP Framework

Laravel is the number 1 PHP framework, and includes an oauth system called 'Socialite' There are a huge number of socialte providers at http://socialiteproviders.github.io/ It would be great to see sample code / projects using Laravel and Socialite to connect to SharePoint online.

I would love to see an example where SPO can be used as a 'document store' for projects in Laravel. Other ideas include the standard list storage/retrieval/query mechanism for list items, calendar events. etc...

On a related note. Flarum.org is a forum built on Laravel, still in it's infancy, but all the rage in the PHP community…

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Why is the Office UI Fabric icon set incomplete??

Missing Skype/Skype For Business icons... amongst others... Seriously, how hard is it for you to maintain this resource?

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Office 365 - Cloud Storage Partner Program Registration form does not work.

I tried in Chrome, Edge and IE. There is an angular.js error in the JavaScript console.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Developer portals & programs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Add Azure free subscription to developer tenant

I am not eligible to add a free Azure account to my developer tenant. Only paid subscriptions are available.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. dev.office.com/blogs RSS link

I would like to subscribe to new posts in dev.office.com/blogs but I see no way to currently do this.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Provide Apps for Office testing guidance or samples

I am prototyping a task pane app for Apps for Office. I intend to deploy this on the desktop version of Excel as well as Excel Online in various browsers (IE, chrome, firefox). Currently, I am unsure of the proper way to test the interaction of my task pane App with the Excel spreadsheet. For instance, when my app inserts a table into the Excel Spreadsheet, what tool should I use to verify that a table was inserted into the sheet. For the desktop version of Excel, Coded UI seems usable. However, for online versions of Excel, it is does…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Allow Pasting as an option when the spell-checker only gives the options...

Allow Pasting as an option when the spell-checker only gives the options: (No Spelling Suggestions) - Ignore All - Add to Dictionary - Who is... - Hyperlink... [Paste & Replace] <-new option]

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Come back with the list of UI Fabric styles

Now when the UI fabric site was changes there is no longer a way to find out the available component styles. Only the general syles are now listed but e.g. no description about what styles (class name) are available for e.g. a button.

The React, Angular and other framework based options do not always work so it is important for developers to have the ability to adjust and make own altenatives.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Please provide the ability to move O365 tenant Data Region move in the Office Developer Program

Currently when we sign up for the Office Developer Program and create and O365 Subscription, the tenant is set to North America. This causes the inability to test add-in and functionality in the data center local to developer's location. Can you please provide the ability for O365 data region to be able to move? This solves latency and data sovereignty issues.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Add AI Builder to developer program benefits

It would be a great addition if the AI Builder were included in the Office 365 developer program benefits (just like the E5 tenant). If it were included we could be better advocates of the product and actually sell it to clients.

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/ai-builder/

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base