Feedback by UserVoice

Feature Requests and Feedback

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Activate mail apps in more scenarios other than read and compose

Current the mail apps can only be activated in read/compose. It would be helpful to allow mail apps to be available at Outlook application level such as in a task pane docked to main outlook window.

The scenario is as follows:
    I have a backend document management service to be exposed in Outlook main window all the time. So I can drag/drop email to our document store.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Add-in: Outlook  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Need Word API extended to support "ShowHiddenText" functionilty like found on the Desktop

Need Word online API to support "ShowHiddenText" in similar way performed with Word desktop method to support "ShowHiddenText"

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Add-in: Word  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. content control mapping to customxmlnode

I would like to be able to insert a control container with the selected text and with a mapping to a new customXMLNode (created by me)

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I'd like to have a Task Pane or area like in Mail that activates within the View Contact view or Edit Contact view.

In the past I've enhanced the users experience in contacts using a custom form/form region and would like to expand that to the contacts in Office 365.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Add-in: Outlook  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Over a certain threshold return a URL to download the Attachment contents

Instead of returning an enormous base64 string in JSON that has to be streamed by some event-based json parser, make things easy.

For under 32K inline it
    For over 32k provide an endpoint

response could be (inline)

{

inline: true

content: (base64)

}

or not inline

{

inline: false

content: 'http:xxxx/streamingservice.com/attachments/3293929349d"

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Office Developer Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Favorites Apps for Office

Make possible to add an App to the list of Favorites Apps. Favorites Aps should be available on the Home ribbon tab and/or available from the Quick Access Toolbar.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Office Store & Catalog  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add Azure free subscription to developer tenant

I am not eligible to add a free Azure account to my developer tenant. Only paid subscriptions are available.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Developer portals & programs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Support custom colors for highlightColor in Word

It seems that setting font.highlightColor only supports couple of basic colors even though the docs don't explicitly mention any limitations. Any other color used seems to be converted to closest basic color.
    This is quite limiting especially that the basic Word highlight colors are mostly dark and very unsuitable for highlighting black on white text.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Add-in: Word  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Merge Apps for Office and Sharepoint API (Ewa namespace) and Office 2013 JS API

Is there a reason why you would not provide a common base for the two API's?
    The Ewa namespace offers a lot of functionality requested in many ideas related to the Offie 2013 API - it seems you already have the code and the interface in the Ewa namespace ?

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Add-in: General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. OneNote WebApi for On Premisis Offce Web App Server

When developing on Premises enterprise Web applications there is a need to integrate Office Web Applications into them to provide additional functionality where data privacy is critical (for example through legislation).

For this reason enterprises often cannot utilise Azure hosted solutions such as OneNote online, but must use on-premises servers (an example is Office Web App server which provides in-browser support for Office Applications in SharePoint).

While it is possible to create a windows desktop application that can use the OneNote COM API provided by a locally installed copy of OneNote, it appears not to be possible to provide the…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Add-in: OneNote  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. provide a way to access a calendar from the browser

1) For the calendars, I would need a property similar to Event.WebLink in order to be able to access the calendar from the browser

2) If possible, when opening the calendar in the browser, I would need to provide the calendar view (day/week/month) and the date.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Add-in: General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Office 365 - Cloud Storage Partner Program Registration form does not work.

I tried in Chrome, Edge and IE. There is an angular.js error in the JavaScript console.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Developer portals & programs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. change user document's theme with office.js

The situation is we want to automaticlly add and choose specific theme for certain type of the document that has certain rules in font and size. So, can you help?

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Add-in: Word  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. navigate to a bookmark would be very useful

Using office app javascript API, It would be very useful if you add an option to navigate using the bookmark name

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Allow Mail Apps to add custom email format address to new mail item "To" list

Extend the mailitem.to.addAsync() method to accept the custom email formats i.e 'Kiran123@/CO=OT' or.'RFAX:KIRAN@/FN=111/VN=1111' etc.
    Currently "Office.cast.item.toMessageCompose(item).to.addAsyc()" method is not accepting any custom email address. It is throwing the following error message.

"No valid recipients were provided"

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Add-in: Outlook  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Please provide the ability to move O365 tenant Data Region move in the Office Developer Program

Currently when we sign up for the Office Developer Program and create and O365 Subscription, the tenant is set to North America. This causes the inability to test add-in and functionality in the data center local to developer's location. Can you please provide the ability for O365 data region to be able to move? This solves latency and data sovereignty issues.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Developer portals & programs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Bindings is getting Removed for Table when Table is inside the Text Binding Controls

I have uploaded the code to one drive...here is the link

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=AC13FB5219C13126!373&authkey=!APxbF470V75cCE4&ithint=file%2crar

Steps to reproduce:

1.Click the "Create content control button" to create the Text Binding.

2.Create table (3 cloumns and 5 rows) Inside the content control and then "Create Table Binding".the table bindings will be created for the table that you selected .

3.Click the button "GetandSetXML for ContentControl" to get and set the XML.

4.Once after the this, you can notice the Bindings for the table is getting lost.

Do let me know if u need more understanding on this scenario

please see the question I rased in…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Feedback: EnhancedLocations preview API

I'd like to provide some feedback about Office.EnhancedLocation and Office.LocationIdentifier when developing an Outlook add-in.
    First, very happy to see improvements with this!

In my use case, I have an Office Add-in that show me all available meeting rooms (from a different Office 365 tenant). Users can add one or more of those meeting rooms as a location to the invite, through the add-on. Sending the invite, also books the room (and because of an Organization Relationship we can even use the schedule builder to view Free/Busy).
    My code would use the EnhancedLocation.addAsync with body:

var locations = [

{

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Add-in: Outlook  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Javascript API: Trigger the AutoFormat functionality of Office

I sometimes use use SetDataAsync to write an email address into a cell. When this is done manually, Excel converts it into a clickable link. When it is done with SetDataAsync, this auto formatting doesn't happen. If would be great if it was just automatically triggered.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Add-in: Excel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. InsertFileFromBase64 with continious section breaks

When inserting a file from a base64 string into the body with the method "InsertFileFromBase64()" it does not include continious section breaks. It uses page breaks instead. It would be nice to have those working also.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base