Feedback by UserVoice

Feature Requests and Feedback

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Access shared content for OneNote

I am integrating OneNote in my application. Using https://www.onenote.com/api/v1.0/me/notes/notebooks api I am able to fetch all the notebooks that belonged to a particular user. Let's say a user A has 5 notebooks of his own and 2 shared notebooks. Let's say NoteBook6 is shared by user which is part of organization same A. And NoteBook7 is shared by external user.

In my application I want to access all these 7 notebooks which user can access. I tried this using MS Graph API as well as OneNote api but I am able to access only 5 notebooks owned by the user.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Add-in: OneNote  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. FIX WebDAV implementation

FIX the implementation of the WebDAV procotol by subsitute accents by them encoded value in <D:href> nodes (@see webdav specifications).

Example:

'à' => '%C3%A0',

'À' => '%C3%80',
    'é' => '%C3%A9',
    'É' => '%C3%89',
    'ç' => '%C3%A7',
    'Ç' => '%C3%87',

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Add-in: Deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Office Developer Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Choose an Outlook email that you sent & add more information where the update attaches itself to the original email in the received inbox.

Choose an Outlook email that you have already sent & add more recent information where the update message attaches itself to the original email in the receiving persons inbox.
    Often, I'm asking someone to do something by email to only get more up to date information later that changes the request. I then send another email, but they may have actioned the first email already.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Add-in: Outlook  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Have a chart that defines the parts of the Word interface

Have a chart that shows the interface and labels all the parts. For example, you refer to the "ribbon." Show me a picture and label it "Ribbon." Directions refer to all sorts of parts of the interface, but there's no place to see a PICTURE of the interface with labels about what the parts are. There's a style manual for the parts of the Windows interface, but nothing that defines the parts of the Word interface. Likewise, for all the other programs in the Office suite.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Add-in: Word  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. E-mail Address

Currently e-mail distribution is accepting Duplicate e-mail ID's.

My Suggestion:
    If Duplicate ID's are in the distribution. Mail should recognize it, and inform user to remove and indicate the duplicate id's in Red Colour, for easy detection and removal.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. make links in incoming email working again

why are the links i receive in different email not taking me to the destination. Links just doesn't work - why? This is a new thing.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Add-in: Excel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Redesign Office Store Information Architecture

Who is responsible for the information architecture of the Office App Store? the categories are far from helpful. They are overlapping and inconsistent. There is no hierarchy, I seldom can tell what category to use to refine my searching. They need to take a look at the commercial sites like BestBuy and create metadata that can be used to refine search results with helpful criteria

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Office Store & Catalog  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. How Attachments names are displayed in the Mail Composer Window, Why Did It Have To Change?

Hey, There's been a change in the latest Outlook for Mac and the Attachment appears in name truncated box in the Window vice how it used to be displayed with it's entire name. This makes it difficult to see names of long named files in the Window, a real inconvenience for me. I really hope you can make this as an option and remove the new hard coded display method.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Add "Find previous" button next to "Find next" in "Find and replace" (ctrl-f) in Excel

In table with lots of rows I often need to find entry which I entered previously - for example I want to find last use of THIS word and if I use "find next" option it will lead me to the first use instead of last. And if I use "Find all" while I'm editing mid part of the table it will give me long list where I need to find the right context and that takes time. Sometimes, I just know that the right context of THIS word is used last time and I would like to jump there…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Add Names from Active Directory to Spell Check Dictionary in the same tenent automatically

The spell check dictionary for the O365 suite should be automatically updated to recognize names contained in the Active Directory for that tenent.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Office Store & Catalog  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Color reading box

I suggest coloring the reading box, where there are email addresses, with the same color as the function bar.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. is there a "Contact apps for Outlook" for Office365?

is there a "Contact apps for Outlook" for Office365?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Needs more information  ·  1 comment  ·  Add-in: General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. add more preferences for references insertion

that enable user to edit font of endnotes and footnotes and enable user to add bracket in refernce

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Add-in: Word  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Support standard time *duration* format.

Excel should support time durations. It's useful in a number of applications, such as financial trade hold time.

Standard time duration regexp looks like: /(\d+d\s?)?(\d{1,2}h\s?)?(\d{1,2}m\s?)?\d{1,2}(.\d{3,6,9})?s/

A complete duration to the microsecond looks like:

5d 22h 0m 7.928172s

The empty or zero duration is 0s.

More common durations look like:

5h 2m 0s

8m 25s

8m25.154s

Its better than using hh:mm:ss because it's unambiguously a duration and not time since midnight in a time stamp. It's better than using an integer number of milliseconds because humans can read it.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. In outlook mail app Add a functionality to use EWS getrooms operation

i have requirement where i need to get exchange rooms (like we do through EWS by using getRooms)in my outlook mail app, right now there is no such functionality where through makeEwsRequest i can get the rooms.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Office Store & Catalog  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Need Excel sheet as a blackboard visible on desktop, which updates as I go...

Need Excel sheet as blackboard visible on desktop, which updates as I go...like a dashboard. Is there a way to have a dashboard as one's desktop? I am pretty sure a dashboard can be built with Excel, that would answer my question I guess...

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Developer portals & programs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. allow slide size to be changed without modifying content size

When changing slide size in power point 2016 users are offered only two options with regards to existing content 1) maximize or 2) ensure fit. I suggest that a third option be added that does not modify the dimensions of the existing content. I currently achieve this effect by selecting my content, cutting, changing the slide size, and then pasting the content back in to the resized slide.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Add-in: PowerPoint  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Include a blocking feature in the iPad Outlook app

I am continually plagued with unwanted emails on my Outlook app for my iPad. Nobody seems to do anything to produce a facility to block them. Using Outlook.com doesn’t solve the problem. Time to redesign the Outlook app for the iPad to include a means of blocking unwanted emails from various senders.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Add-in: UX  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base