Feature Requests and Feedback

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Why theres on main box to purge all emails

Just like yall have main box in delete and spam to delete all.It should be one in the recovery and purge section too

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      0 comments  ·  Developer Programs & dev.office.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Enable update of Users.Responsibilties from the Microsoft Graph

I have an issue where the responsibilities attribute cannot be set from the Microsoft Graph. It appears to be isolated to this property as i am able to update Schools which is of the same data type. I have posted a Stack Overflow question regarding this at the following link which has more detail: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/42621962/micorsoft-graph-api-responsibilites-update/42639229#42639229.

This is urgent for my current project and think this is either a bug or an oversight as all other fields seem updatable.

3 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        0 comments  ·  Microsoft Graph/O365 REST APIs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your input, it is greatly appreciated. This is a forum for feature requests related to Office Extensibility Development. So since this is not a feature request we need to close it. But it looks like your question is already being addressed by Microsoft folks on the Stack Overflow thread.

Thanks,
        Office Extensibility Team

• is this the right place to ask about word add-in issues or just ideas?

is this the right place to ask about word add-in issues or just ideas?

I'm having issues trying to understand the code from a GitHub example posted by office-dev.

everywhere I've gone to ask questions I keep getting a brick wall with not answers and plenty of suggestions on how to ask questions but no answers.

EXTREMELY FRUSTRATING.

1 vote
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          0 comments  ·  Add-in: Word  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • yammer graph

I've been trying for a while to integrate or use the graph api to query yammer information. However, despite a couple of posts found, there seems to be no way of actually doing this.

I can define my app in AD with permissions to graph and to yammer, i then can authenticate successfully and query standard graph end points based on user.read scope. However if i try using the same token on Yammer it tells me is not valid, if i try to use the code to get a Yammer access token then is also not doing it... so how…

3 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            1 comment  ·  Microsoft Graph/O365 REST APIs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for this request! Looks like Adrienne from our team reached out for more information a while back, but we haven’t heard any updates. We’re going to close this request, but please respond on this request if you have any more information. If you are still stuck and have a question, post your question on Stack Overflow using the [microsoftgraph] tag.

Thanks!

• Download files within task pane app

I'm a developer working on an Office JS task pane app in Word. Using the contents of the user's file my app generates a document as a pdf either a docx on my application's server. I would like to give the user the option to download this generated file directly from the task pane. I have tried to implement this using Javascript (linking to the document with window.location.href) but the behavior I have seen has been inconsistent across platforms and does not function well anywhere.
            On the Mac the pdf is downloaded and opened, but it takes the place of…

3 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
              0 comments  ·  Add-in: Word  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your question. This is a forum for feature requests related to Office Extensibility Development. Due to the limitations of the UserVoice tool we cannot forward your request directly to another forum. Could you please go to StackOverflow and ask your question there? Please use the office-js tag when you post your question.

Thanks!

• Microsoft Graph API: How to copy Shared Folder between Accounts in OneDrive Business

Is it possible to copy a shared folder to my own profile in OneDrive Business via Microsoft Graph API?

Both accounts are OneDrive Business Accounts. Account A shares a folder to Account B. Account B is logged in and can see all shared items from Account A. So Far so good.

How can I copy this shared folder to the profile of Account B?

When I try this POST I get a 401 - The caller is not authenticated.

POST https://graph.microsoft.com/v1.0/drives/<remoteItem.driveId>/items/<id>/copy

Content-Type: application/json
              Authorization: Bearer xyz...

{
              "parentReference": {
              "path": "/drive/root:/Documents"
              }
              }
              The scope I use is:

mail.read …

1 vote
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
                1 comment  ·  Microsoft Graph/O365 REST APIs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • Actual support

After speaking with your support earlier today I found that despite having a support option for your REST API in the 365 Admin portal you have no avaliable trained staff to actually support the API. To ensure that nobody else wastes upwards of 30 minutes of their time on hold only to be fobbed off back to the very article you showed them at the beginning of the call to employ or train a collective of individuals in your call centers on the rest API or don't advertise that you'll support it.

1 vote
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                  0 comments  ·  Microsoft Graph/O365 REST APIs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Ben, we are sorry you had a challenging experience trying to get support. I have passed your feedback along to the teams who handle our support.

For future reference, we also have a couple free support options:

MSDN forums are here: https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home

The product group is very actively looking at Office 365 REST APIs here: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/tagged/office365. Connect with us on Stack Overflow. Tag your questions with [MicrosoftGraph] and [office365]. The contact details and recommended tags are available in the Microsoft Graph Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
                  http://graph.microsoft.io/en-us/docs/overview/faqs.

• attachment pop up

It would be great to add a pop up for "attachments" when keywords such as attach, attached, enclosed, etc. are in an email. That way, I don't forget to attach a document to the email and have to send another. Thank you!

3 votes
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                    0 comments  ·  Add-in: Outlook  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • Microsoft alert! Account‏ due for suspension Hotmail Suspension (golden-dragonkaya@hotmail.com)

Hi,
                    I received an email recently:
                    Microsoft alert! Account‏ due for suspension
                    Hotmail Suspension (golden-dragonkaya@hotmail.com)
                    It told me to update my email address by using it's link. Is this realy or not?

Thanks

Gloria

1 vote
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                      0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                    • 4 votes
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                      • Let us actually preview the unified Office365 api

Both from StackOverflow and partner technical services I have gotten the confirmation:

Even being tenant admin I cannot set permissions for Office 365 Unified API applications. Partner can use UserVoice http://officespdev.uservoice.com/ to suggest changes and report errors

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/30925124/could-not-update-the-configuration-for-app-error-message-when-adding-office365

My idea/suggestion is to fix this first step, this will allow us to actually preview this API ?

2 votes
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                        • Expand Napa Monaco Editor to allow typescript language editing, better jsdoc tags, fix global function resolution.

Hello,
                          I am working with the "Napa" Office 365 Development Tools and really want to get this to work smarter for our company. We are using this is conjuction with Visual Studio 2013 and of course we know that there are many things that VS can do to help in development. I deliberately want to have certain parts of Monaco to work better so I do not have to switch away for what I consider to be small app scenarios.

1. jsdoc support - please increase the number of tags that can be used. I can use @param and that…

10 votes
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                            0 comments  ·  Office Developer Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Yemi,

Thank your for your feedback! This request is from some time back and we have since discontinued Napa. We recommend taking a look at Script Lab which lets you do many of the same things and also supports TypeScript. You can check it out here: https://github.com/OfficeDev/script-lab/blob/master/README.md#top Let us know if you have any feedback on Script lab.

Thanks!

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base