Feedback by UserVoice

Feature Requests and Feedback

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Page Setup API

I would like to be able to access the page layout properties of the document so that I can set the print area.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      1 comment  ·  Add-in: Excel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Special Cells method

In Excel API, I can't choose cells based if they have formulas or values.

In VBA, I can do that by using Range.SpecialCells method. Also, I can specify if I want to get only text values, numbers, errors and/or booleans.

Please, support this for Excel JavaScript API, because currently, I'm looping all the worksheet's used range rectangle to get the values, and my loops spend a lot of time skipping blank cells.

33 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        1 comment  ·  Add-in: Excel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Retrieve SharePoint Social.Following Microsoft Graph

It would be great to get SharePoint people and content following information through Microsoft Graph.

49 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          2 comments  ·  Microsoft Graph/O365 REST APIs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Get all members of a group including nested group members

Currently in Microsoft Graph, the groups/{id}/members ONLY returns the DIRECT members of the specified group. This is a request for an API that would return all members including nested group members (also known as transitive down closure).

44 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            5 comments  ·  Microsoft Graph/O365 REST APIs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • 9 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
              2 comments  ·  Microsoft Graph/O365 REST APIs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • Add a webhook resource subscription for Groups to notify of membership changes

When a member is added or removed from a group, or when membership is requested, make a call to a webhook that can receive the userid, and the action: add, remove, 'request to join', etc.

We have a lot of processes that hinge upon membership in a group. Instead of constantly polling the group and doing membership comparisons, this would make changes more real-time.

12 votes
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
                1 comment  ·  Microsoft Graph/O365 REST APIs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • Microsoft Graph API user fax number

add facsimileTelephoneNumber parameter to user object to have an ability to read the fax number of the user.

It works already by Azure Graph, but not by Microsoft graph

81 votes
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                • Ability to open/replace workbook with Excel JS API in a similar way Word API can with insertFileFromBase64

We have a requirement to load a workbook from a remote source from within the add-in. User logs in, selects from a list and workbook template loads.

With the Word JS API we can load a template remotely using an AJAX call that returns the workbook as a base64 string and then insert the response into the current workbook using the replace option. AFAIK this doesn't exist for the Excel API and we download the workbook and then instruct the user to open from the download pane.

141 votes
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                    10 comments  ·  Add-in: Excel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • Make O365 user identity available in Word Add In

Authenticated O365 users shall not be prompted to login again when they want to use Word Add-In. At the moment any Word Add In secured using O365 directory need to prompt users to enter their credential again despite that they have logged in to O365.
                    The goal is to provide a better user experience with this single sign on.

74 votes
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                      2 comments  ·  Add-in: General/Shared  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                    • Add Abitility to create pivot Table via Office Javascript API

In the current version of the office javascript api I can see that the setSelectedDataAsync method allow only inserting text, matrix and table into excel spreadsheet.

I would like to see the javascript api enhanced and allow inserting pivot Table also. In this way I can use pivot Table helpers (such as slicer, fields list ....) and also refresh pivot table programmatically.

87 votes
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                        3 comments  ·  Add-in: Excel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                      • Add User Defined function support to the Apps for Office Excel APIs

Add User Defined function support to the Apps for Office Excel APIs so that users can enter formulas in excel. User Defined Functions are one of the most powerful features of Excel (and some competitor spreadsheets products now available in the web). They are critical for us to make our Apps for Office product as powerful as our legacy on premise product.

329 votes
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                          32 comments  ·  Add-in: Excel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                        • Expose Office API via Swagger.

OK this is a radical idea from listening to @mkristensen talk about VS.NET tooling and how they are looking at supporting Swagger 2.0 to provide code generation for RESTful APIs in VSNET.

http://devchat.tv/adventures-in-angular/019-aia-microsoft-tooling-with-mads-kristensen

I looked up Swagger and their online documentation editor, and browser and here's an example

http://petstore.swagger.wordnik.com/#!/pet/updatePet

Which is surprisingly similar to Office 365's

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/office/dn600182(v=office.15).aspx

I think Office 365 documentation on MSDN should still be the primary resource. Any future tie in to API-Sandbox would be awesome.

But if VSNET starts to support auto-codegen (like the old days with WSDL/Soap Services) from Swagger documentation, then I can also…

46 votes
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                            5 comments  ·  Microsoft Graph/O365 REST APIs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                          • Create REST methods for bulk object retrieval

For reporting purposes we would like to have REST methods to retrieve metadata about objects in bulk. Right now we have to retrieve the list of objects first, then get metadata about each of them. This is definitely a very inefficient way to build reports. Essentially, would like a REST method that allows to query for the following objects AND specify fields we want to see in the query results, such as created and last modified dates, author, number of items (in a list), size, permissions, etc. We believe that having such REST methods for Sites, Lists and libraries, and…

17 votes
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                              0 comments  ·  Microsoft Graph/O365 REST APIs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                            • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base