I suggest you ...

Add worksheet activate/deactivate; workbook shutdown events to the Office Add-in Javascript APIs

The enhanced Excel-specific APIs available for developing Office Add-ins that run with Excel 2016 are a nice start. There are some key missing APIs. One area in need of extending is eventing. For workbooks that contain multiple worksheets, it is critical for the Add-in to be able to determine when a worksheet is activated/deactivated so that the Add-in's UI can adapt accordingly. Similarly, the Office Add-in should be able to hook an event so that when the workbook gets closed/shut down (and maybe Saved), the Add-in can persist in-memory state into the workbook.

33 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Shaun Logan shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your request!

We are collecting API requirements for developing Office Add-ins in Excel, specifically for Events API.

If you are considering moving an existing COM/VSTO/VBA Add-in to Office Add-in, or creating a new Office Add-in in Excel, and have events requirements, please fill the survey below and help us focus on the right set of events and design. We truly appreciate your help!

https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=v4j5cvGGr0GRqy180BHbR-JHDwXr1WhPtbjLQNPOgHtUOFhNTTRVNEE5WE9VVzExOVY5Tko2V05TSi4u

Thanks!
    Office Extensibility Team

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service