I suggest you ...

Add ItemSend event (so add-in can cancel email)

Would like to have an ItemSend event in the web API just like the regular API does. Is that on the planning stage for future releases?

260 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

16 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Brian CerasuoloBrian Cerasuolo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is the main thing missing that's keeping us on VSTO. It's disappointing because we want to use the new and shiny that is Office.js :(

• YannickYannick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1, For a platform which aims at going all web based, this is not a MUST, it's a requirements

• Rick GoudRick Goud commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can you guys please give an update on the status of this issue. As you can see many people are really waiting on it....

• Andrew GoldbergAndrew Goldberg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can someone from Microsoft share any updates on this? Like the previous commenter, our addin critically depends on this.

• Mark JonesMark Jones commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is critical to our use of this app architecture. The only thing holding us back.

• Enterprise DevEnterprise Dev commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I represent an add-in company and we have several very large Enterprise customers who all want to have our add-in for mobile but we are dependent on this feature being implemented. This could honestly be a reason for them to switch to the Outlook App for mobile.

• JimJim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please Microsoft, comment on the plan fro this. There are so many add ins depending on this and other similar events. They are now in the limbo not knowing if they can support mobile.

• SlavaSlava commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be nice to have at least several basic events as of itemSend, onNewItem, onReply, onForward. Add-in just may indicate in manifest what events it needs to listen and will be notified via callbacks. A lots of actions can be done without user interaction, just by working with mail item.

• Ronnel SantiagoRonnel Santiago commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

it would be great if the project team make a comment as to the plans on this one.. whether they will pursue this or not so people like us can make a decision now..

Feedback and Knowledge Base