Feedback by UserVoice

I suggest you ...

Make O365 user identity available in Word Add In

Authenticated O365 users shall not be prompted to login again when they want to use Word Add-In. At the moment any Word Add In secured using O365 directory need to prompt users to enter their credential again despite that they have logged in to O365.
The goal is to provide a better user experience with this single sign on.

74 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anang Prihatanto shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Jim Lim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We would like to remove the confusion of Microsoft (Personal) Accounts vs. Office 365 (Work/School) Accounts when a user signs-up to our service via Office Task Pane Add-in.

We think we can do this by only presenting the relevant Microsoft account to sign-up to our service, by first detecting what type of account they have used to sign-in to Office.

Since we are using Azure AD and AD B2C (Preview), we also need to know in advance which AD to use, since AD B2C doesn't support Office 365 (Work/School) accounts.

For example;

If I am signed in to Office with a Personal account, I want the default signup to read "Continue as John Smith (Personal account, created by you)." which then utilizes Azure AD B2C.

If I am signed in with a Work/School account, it should read "Continue as John Smith (Work or school account, created by your IT department)." which then utilizes Azure AD.

Of course, we would still have to present an option to choose another type of account, just in case we get it wrong, or if the user prefers to sign up using Google or Facebook, as an example.

Feedback and Knowledge Base