I suggest you ...

Support for shared mailboxes

Office 365 shared mailboxes are very useful. Unfortunately, they do not load outlook web add-ins right now: see http://stackoverflow.com/questions/35059067/make-outlook-add-ins-working-with-office-365-shared-mailboxes/35065215
This would be terrific to have add-ins for such mailboxes especially for all CRMs related apps

517 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Benoit Patra shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

20 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please fix this ASAP. We use a number of delegated mailboxes it would be much easier to use if we could use add-ins, particularly one to add in templates.

• rlee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please fix this ASAP. We use a number of delegated mailboxes it would be much easier to use if we could use add-ins, particularly one to add in templates.

• Mahendar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Very important and useful ask! This would immensely help in extending access to delegates.

• Tedd Fox commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

OMG why would this NOT be already there?!?!
        This is like the paramount enterprise use case.

This feature is something that is very crucial for executives with multiple PA's as well as department groups to collaborate and work more efficiently.

Please add this feature, it is needed.

In a world where many people support a few mailboxes, this is a key feature that is needed

• Vivian Crowell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Absolutely. We have shared mailboxes for entire divisions/departments and not being able to archive the emails into our case management system is extremely disruptive. We end up having to forward a copy to our personal email addresses, basically destroying half the purpose of the shared mailbox.

• Brent Goedert commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Along the same lines... If a user shares their mail file with another user, the Add-in assigned to that user's account, should come through as well.

Our Sales users operate in small groups, and share their mail with everyone in the group.

Here is the scenario:

User-A and User-B have given each other Full Access to each other's mailboxes.

User-A and User-B have been assigned the same Outlook Add-in.

When User-A is out of the office, User-B needs to use this Outlook Add-in to process emails in both mail files.

This is not currently possible.

• Brian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to add my support to this idea. Our company staff have 2 email addresses each. The primary is the directly attached to the user log in and all add ins work with this email address / account. However when the staff member opens their other email address as a shared mailbox none of the add ins are available. So at the moment we have templates on the primary email address but not on the shared mailbox.

Having the add ins work on shared mailboxes and folders would be of great use to us.

Thank you

Feedback and Knowledge Base