Feedback by UserVoice

I suggest you ...

Support for shared mailboxes

Office 365 shared mailboxes are very useful. Unfortunately, they do not load outlook web add-ins right now: see http://stackoverflow.com/questions/35059067/make-outlook-add-ins-working-with-office-365-shared-mailboxes/35065215
This would be terrific to have add-ins for such mailboxes especially for all CRMs related apps

1,028 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Benoit Patra shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

59 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Office-Developer-Team - could you please update this item with a status update or a roadmap item number. I have many clients and over 10,000 users waiting for an update on this backlog item. This backlog item has not been updated since Oct 2016 .... please help

Hi Microsoft, We need this feature of using the Outlook Web Add-ins in shared mailboxes as our users are mostly using the emails in the shared mail box.

• Hubert Beres commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a much needed feature!
        I was just about to start wasting thousands of dollars on an Outlook add-in for shared inbox; luckily found this thread in time...

• Brent Goedert commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The worst part about this "feature", is that it wasn't identified in any of the documentation we read (2 years ago). We spent thousands of dollars building our web based add-in, only to find out during testing that it wouldn't work on shared mailboxes, so then we had to build a new interface using VSTO to complete the project.

Microsoft, just admit it... You don't know how to fix this issue... do you?

Why is this the top voted uservoice but still stays in the backlog and is not getting any updates from the microsoft team? For crm solutions a most have.

Our company built an add-in for saving time for our busy lawyers ... the lack of support for shared mailbox is really hurting our efficiency savings. Been in the backlog for 2 years?

we actually developed an add-in to get rid of the content of shared mailbox ... then realized the add-in does not work on shared mailbox :-(
        please pleaes please add this, shared mailbox DO NOT work with large amount of email, this was our only workaround!

• David Hinselwood commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A large number of teams in our organization use shared mailboxes - not having this feature is a serious impediment to any future worflow efficiency programmes we undertake.

• Rick Goud commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Microsoft team. I think many people would appreciate if you would give a reaction on this thread. As you see many people are waiting for this for over two years. It beats the purpose of this UserVoice if the voice of the user is ignored and/or not treated with respect. At least that is my opinion.....

• sshakenbake commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree, we have several shared mailboxes in our organization the we utilize to create cases/tasks. This feature worked fine with the manually installed plugin but does not work with the add-in created in O365 Admin Portal. Looking forward to hear that this has been fixed.

• SvenC commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any updates on an ETA for this feature request?

Its almost two years, since the Office Extensibility Team responded with "in Backlog".

• Joe McGee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Add us to the list, we make use of shared outlook accounts and could use this add-in.

• Anders commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This feature is a most for large enterprises which uses Shared Mailboxes for all customer oriented communication.

Anders

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base