Feedback by UserVoice

I suggest you ...

Support for shared mailboxes

Office 365 shared mailboxes are very useful. Unfortunately, they do not load outlook web add-ins right now: see http://stackoverflow.com/questions/35059067/make-outlook-add-ins-working-with-office-365-shared-mailboxes/35065215
This would be terrific to have add-ins for such mailboxes especially for all CRMs related apps

1,235 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Benoit Patra shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

76 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Chris Corcoran commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Our company has an App (CloudExtend Outlook for NetSuite) and our customers are asking about this daily.

• RAsta commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Did anyone manage to read the current email in a shared mailbox (JS: office.context.mailbox.item) with the SupportsSharedFolders set to true or is it still not possible?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This issue is crippling add-ins that help with team-based workflows that use a shared mailbox. How am I supposed to use a shared mailibox for client's requests with one of the workflow-oriented add-ons? Come one, please!!

• RAsta commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Definitely a must since add-ins are extremely useful to solve enterprise problems like workload etc. But without being able for shared mailboxes this isn't useful for most cases.
    An update would be very much appreciated.

The ability for an outlook add-in to work with shared mailboxes would be something we would use all the time as we rely upon shared mailboxes and apps a great deal, but there are problems using them both together.

• SimonM commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Office Extensibility Team,

Please provide an update on when this will be reviewed and possibly implemented.

To some of the earlier comments, what's the point of user voice if the #1 request is ignored for years with no update?

Regards,
    Simon.

I can see that this is request is now in its third year. Such a shame its has not been resolved yet. I would be interested to understand how we can work around this issue if there is no fix, without resorting to a third-party solution or re-engineering our business processes.

Most of our SPAM appears on old Shared Mailboxes - so yes we need this

Please escalate

Apart from shared mbx, our Office365 clients are often require add secondary mailbox mainly by setup delegation, sometimes added manually, if add-in works for those mbx that will be great help.

• Tiffany commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just want to chime in here to say that this capability is absolutely essential to our job. Please update.

@Office-Developer-Team - could you please update this item with a status update or a roadmap item number. I have many clients and over 10,000 users waiting for an update on this backlog item. This backlog item has not been updated since Oct 2016 .... please help

Hi Microsoft, We need this feature of using the Outlook Web Add-ins in shared mailboxes as our users are mostly using the emails in the shared mail box.

• Hubert Beres commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a much needed feature!
    I was just about to start wasting thousands of dollars on an Outlook add-in for shared inbox; luckily found this thread in time...

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base