I suggest you ...

Support dynamic content in Add-in commands ribbon dropdown menu

It would be very useful if add-ins dropdown menu could contain dynamically generated items. Now the displayed content in the ribbon dropdown need to be hardcoded even for sub-menus which limit the capabilities of add-ins commands.
See question on stackoverflow
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/36315571/dynamic-content-in-add-in-command-with-ribbon-dropdown-menu

61 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Benoit Patra shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Slava commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

With dynamically generated dropdown it would be beneficial to have stated buttons (push button); Currently command buttons are limited to run actions only and if there is no visual indication user don't know if action succeeded or not.
        If push buttons will be difficult to implement and dynamic menu you would consider, there will be work around to indicate "state" of the command button by dynamically display "turn on" and "turn off" menu items, which replicate state.

• Jakob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In general making the entry points dynamic, both ribbon buttons and right-click menus would be very useful.

Feedback and Knowledge Base