Feedback by UserVoice

I suggest you ...

Support the Importing of slides in PowerPoint

I would like to be able to provide an add-in that could insert slides into a presentation. This is a similar concept to the Word Clause library. To provide maximum flexibility to the dev I would suggest using the Ooxml coercionType. Both Get and Set would be ideal

64 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
David Palfery shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's unfortunate that there is no way use CoercionType .Ooxml in Powerpoint. This feature both get and set would benefit a lot of end users!

• Baburaj Balan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I second this. Currently, there is no way to insert an existing slide into a deck using JS API. Unlike Word and Excel, PowerPoint is unique in a way that Slides are shared, reused, stored by many Companies as a single unit (instead of the whole document). I am surprised that no feature exists now to insert a slide to an existing presentation either as OOXML or as FileFromBase64.

• Hlynur commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We would also need to be able to easily import all the slides from a base64 file after the current slide of the current presentation. Our target audience would not want to edit Ooxml themselves.

This is already possible in Word with the range.insertFileFromBase64 method. Something similar in PowerPoint could be:

context.presentation.insertSlidesFromFileFromBase64(base64File, 'after')

• Adin Schmahmann commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Adding Ooxml to PowerPoint and Excel would be fantastic. I imagine that some Ooxml processor is already in use by PowerPoint and Excel simply in opening and saving files. If giving developers the broader access to Ooxml that Word has is too cumbersome, it would be useful to at least be able to get/set the entirety of the PowerPoint presentation/Excel workbook.

Feedback and Knowledge Base