Feedback by UserVoice

I suggest you ...

Allow PowerPoint Add-In to create new Slide

Add support for the Add-In to create a new slide in the presentation. A possible use case would be to support the ability for an add-in to insert template marketing slides. A sales person needs to create a new presentation. The add-in pulls the latest marketing slide from a repository and adds them to the presentation ensuring that the sales person is always using the latest slides

103 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
David Palfery shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Microsoft, any updates on this feature request? This is one of the basic functionalities the web add in should be able to do. It's almost been 3 years since the request has been set under review.

Or is the PowerPoint API not in development anymore? Some info would be nice about the requests regarding PowerPoint, otherwise there is no point in having a UserVoice.

• Brooklyn Dev commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So frustrated by the lack of a PowerPoint API and having to remove much functionality of custom solutions for my clients. Also, the "update on the blogs" in your 2016 post is a site that doesn't appear to be updated since 2014. Now it is 2019 -- can you let us know what will be happening with PowerPoint and the API for this year? Thank you!

• Alexis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+ Two years later, I still can't found any way to add a slide using OfficeJS;
    Is this api completly abandonned by MS ?

• Baburaj Balan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I also think this is a very critical piece of functionality. Many companies have pre-created slides saved in some repositories for easier reuse. With the current state of Office JS Add-In, there is no way to insert them into an existing Presentation.

Feedback and Knowledge Base