Feedback by UserVoice

I suggest you ...

Wrapping OOXML APIs Needed - insertComment, insertBookmark, insertOoxmlFragment

The API makes it very very difficult to wrap content in the underlying OOXML with additional OOXML.

SUGGESTION: It would be great if there were a range.insertComment, range.insertBookmark that worked exactly like range.insertContentControl does! Or please give us a method to get the current OOXML fragment represented by a range. I'm trying to insert bookmarks and I've seen others trying to insert comments, around the selected text. The getOoxml() methods are great if you're writing copy/paste functionality, but that doesn't help you if you're trying to manipulate/wrap the fragment.

75 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Ron Jones shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Andrew commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree that this needs to be core - particularly insertComment and insertBookmark.

The ooxml workaround (my term for it) is actually okay for me...except I can't insert anything but plain text into a Comment. I can't programmatically add to the comments.xml.rel file, necessary to create a link to match XML added to Comments.xml.

This was core VBA/VB capability for a long time...please consider prioritizing for Office.js. Thank you.

Feedback and Knowledge Base