Feedback by UserVoice

I suggest you ...

Add a "My Groups - Read/Write" Permission (that does not require Admin Consent)

It should not be necessary to require an admin consent to do Group read write operations through the graph API. There should be a permission for My Groups.

151 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Jørgen Solberg shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Paul McManus commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As it stands the planner api is unusable for real world usage due to this admin consent requirement and $filter not working.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is reasonable to expect that a user logged in to the API sees the same info as when logging in to the UI. In corporate environments it is unlikely regular users will get Admin access.

• Micah Rairdon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why can't I pull tasks assigned to me or tasks in the groups I own without getting admin consent?

• Cameron Dwyer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Groups is such a fundamental concept in the services unified through the Graph and the future of Office 365 that getting access to Groups a user is a member of needs to be as friction free as possible.

Groups has been pitched primarily as a self-service concept to allow self-organising groups or teams to be efficient without involving IT:
        * Groups (and now Teams) allow for self service creation
        * End users can acquire apps from the app store

For any of those apps the user acquires to know anything about the groups the user is a member of requires Admin Consent. This seems to be a step in the wrong direction. As an app developer, if I need to get Admin Consent for such a basic permission I may as well ask for everything I need (possibly more than is required) while I’ve got the Administrator looking at a consent form and then not have to bother the end users with user delegated permissions – kind of defeats the point of user delegated permissions.

Can we please get these permissions changed so that as user can see groups they are a member of with requiring Admin Consent? Thanks.

• Paul McManus commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This admin consent requirement makes it very difficult to use the planner apis to access task information.

Feedback and Knowledge Base