Feedback by UserVoice

I suggest you ...

Need content Controls found on desktop Excel and Word applications to be avaiable in web version of Excel and Word

Content controls like found in the desktop version of Excel Word need to also exist on the Web version of Excel Word and function the same. The same controls should be able to be used on the desktop version of Excel and Word and the Web version of Excel and Word. This would allow moving Excel and Word files containing content controls between the desktop and Office 365's OneDrive and SharePoint sites. The Workbooks and documents with content controls would work the same in both environments (desktop and Online). This is a critical need!

43 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Jim Bassett shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Jim, thank you for your feedback! Please note that there’s no notion of content controls in Excel. Content controls feature is only available in Word.

Also, the content control API is already available in Word Online. However, content controls are currently not editable in Word Online, and this is currently being worked on. We’ll keep you posted when this is available.

Thanks!
    Office Extensibility Team

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Andy Wright commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not only would the editing of user controls in the Word web application, but the addition of content controls to Excel and PowerPoint would also be great. I'm working with an open-source add-in project (https://dotnetfoundation.org/chemistry-add-in-for-word) team that would really like to be able to add the same functionality that we have in Word to both Excel and PowerPoint and maybe even OneNote!

• Smart Owl commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is important to have the same editing experience working on Excel and Word files regardless if I am on the Desktop Excel and Word applications or using the Web version of Excel and Word.

Feedback and Knowledge Base