Feedback by UserVoice

I suggest you ...

Adding Field Codes for Word Using Word Javascript API

I want to add field codes using word JavaScript API. I checked the API documentation but I found nothing regarding this. It would be great, if there a possible way to do this through the API.

98 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Lishani shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • yaroslav commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please, add this critical feature: our team uses custom document properties in all document templates -- we all need at least a function "ActiveDocument.Fields.Update (VBA)" in Word API. It's a very important. Thanks.

• Simon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Our office uses Field Codes extensively in all our corporate documents for filenames, dates and custom paragraph numbering schemes.
    We cannot migrate to using the Add-in system, which is important for our mobile [i.e. Android based] operations until Field Codes, including updates, are added.

• DFS commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I use word a fair bit, and there are a number of add-ins I would like to write, but I can’t think of a way to do any of them without being able to essentially add variables to the text, which I think could only be done with field codes. I was really disappointed to find out that this feature doesn’t exist yet. (Or maybe I’m just missing something)

• Cindy Meister commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When you add field code support also a method to force fieldcodes to UPDATE. This is especially important for DocProperty fields, for example.

Feedback and Knowledge Base