Improve Custom Dialog
Please improve the dialog, it should allow to:
- set modality (right now the dialog is not modal!)
- have bidirectional communication, i.e. to have possibility to pass information directly from dialog to task pane and vice versa.
There are many use cases valid for both requirements:
- when you need to retrieve data from task pane (e.g. lazy loading)
- you have html where you fill the content, right now you need to pass them in URL which is not really nice solution.
Thank you for your feedback, we are happy to announce that the capability to message a dialog from the task pane is now available in preview. Please follow this link to get further information: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/office/dev/add-ins/develop/parent-to-dialog
With this API, the task pane can now message the dialog as well, pairing with the existing API allowing the dialog to message the task pane.
Much needed enhancement, thank you for this. When can we expect this in production, based on this I can decide my approach for my new project.
Jiuyun Wang commented
Yes, there is a need of easier way to access dialog object, it seems now there is no easy way to update the status of Dialog UI components (for example, i want to use dialog as progress indicator).
Please allow the setting of the dialog window title (Outlook add-in).
Any update, please?
This is really needed. Currently we need to use local storage to pass the document data to the dialog. This does not work if the user has disabled DOM Storage, causing us to have to disable some features of our add-in when DOM Storage is disabled.
The DialogAPI should both:
* Support accessing the document APIs from within the Dialog (Office.context.document, Word.run, etc...)
* Support sending data from a Task Pane/Function to the Dialog after opening it
When I redirect to another html page, the Dialog title not change.
Page One's title: 'xxxxx'
Page Two's title: 'yyyyy'
When redirect from One page to Two Page, The Dailog's title should be 'yyyyy' rather than 'xxxxx'.
Please allow setting the dialog window title also.
Currently, in Excel for Windows, the window title is shown as the addin name.
And in Excel Online, the window title is 'Message from Add-in: ' followed by the addin name.
I just gave 3 votes for "sending messages regularly from the host page (eg, task pane) to the Dialog box".
Fixed size in pixels shouls be interesting too