Feedback by UserVoice

I suggest you ...

Ability to filter on collection type properties (e.g. find all users with skill X)

In order to, for example, filter users by a certain skill you cannot do only one REST call now.

From stackexchange:

"Filter on collection type properties is represented as below:

https://graph.microsoft.com/v1.0/users?$filter=skills/any(c:c eq 'Javascript')

However, filter on skills property is currently not supported. You can place a request in uservoice site."

I would like support for this /any command, specifically for skills but for all queries would be great too.

178 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Jurgen Wiersema shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a poor response considering that it's not even a SharePoint property. So the response isn't even accurate, let alone the quite frankly shocking attitude to providing such a basic and necessary feature on the graph endpoints. Microsoft will spend time advertising in your clients browser consoles via Yammer or tracking telemetry for anyone using any of their fabric components.

• Jasper Siegmund commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Seems like one in the "low hanging fruit" category to me... Should not be difficult to implement and the ability to list all (upcoming) birthdays is very handy for pretty much every company I'd say.

• Peter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I need this exact functionality to be able to build a webpart that shows users birthdays

• Harold van de Kamp commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Using the Microsoft Graph API, I want to create a list of all Office 365 users's birtdays, but I cannot get the list of users including the related birthday property at the moment.

To set up this list I need the following properties exposed via the Graph API:
        -id
        -displayName
        -userPrincipalName
        -birthday

I want to be able to retrieve users using graph.microsoft.com/v1.0/Users/?$select=id,displayName,userPrincipalName,birthday

At the moment executing this results in an InternalServerError with message "This operation is not yet supported.".

Requesting the birthday of the current user works already using graph.microsoft.com/v1.0/Me/?$select=id,displayName,userPrincipalName,birthday

Please add support for requesting the birthday for a list of users instead of just the current user.

More information can be found at http://stackoverflow.com/questions/37763219/display-a-list-of-upcoming-birthdays-of-office-365-users-using-microsoft-graph-a

Feedback and Knowledge Base