Feedback by UserVoice

I suggest you ...

Graph - Provide access to ItemAttachment bytes

In the EWS api we could download an email attachment that is itself an email (say message.eml) as a byte array, untouched. This does not appear to be possible in the Graph API. The itemAttachment is visible using $expand=microsoft.graph.itemattachment/item but only as exploded json and attachments to the itemAttachment itself are not there.

I work in a Search and Rescue environment (lives are at stake) and from an auditing/quality/completeness perspective I need to know exactly what was attached to the email (the bytes). I think the API needs to be enhanced to provide this. Can I suggest that the api allows an ItemAttachment to be treated exactly as a FileAttachment (returning contentBytes)?

33 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    David Moten shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Remco Borst commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

At the moment i am stuck on the exact same issue. I an trying to read all e-mails into our ticket system. Some of these e-mails contain e-mail attachments of which i can only retreive the contents of.. but never any underlying attachments. This could be virtually never ending, so the best option would be to just download the message like mentioned above. Please add this!

Feedback and Knowledge Base