Please improve Outlook JS Ribbon functionality
Current limited functionality of the Ribbon prevents users from adopting Outlook JS solutions. Please address points below.
- Allow user to specify Explorer Ribbon in Manifest.
- Allow user to dynamically change contents of explorer/inspector Ribbon.
- If I create a custom tab for MessageReadCommandSurface, Explorer will display the tab; however, if I create a custom tab for any other surface, Explorer will not display it.
- If I create a custom tab for MessageReadCommandSurface, then controls from the other surfaces will not be displayed in the Explorer Ribbon regardless whether I specify default tab or custom tab for other surfaces.
- Explorer Ribbon will display custom tab ( if defined for MessageReadCommandSurface ) while Inspector Ribbon will display a surface-appropriate tab.
- Based on 3, 4, and 5, if one selects "My Company Name" for a custom tab label ( across different custom tabs ) then Explorer's tab is out of sync with the Inspector's tab. This confuses the user.
- If we add a different tab for each surface to address #6, it will create a clutter, and still won't bring controls to the explorer.
- Dumping everything on the default tab will still create a clutter and is against recommendation of having less than six top-level commands on the default tab. ( https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/office/dev/add-ins/design/add-in-commands )