Feedback by UserVoice

I suggest you ...

Fix timezone bug in Outlook

A few months ago I've found a bug/limitation when developing Outlook Calendar Add-in. When time zone in Appointment organizer mode is changed (dropdown), the time returned by Office.context.mailbox.item.start.getAsync() is aggregated with the hours of the timezone, when the selected timezone itself is not available to get.

Let me clarify it with an example:

1. My location time zone is CEST. I open an event and set the time to 7:00 and timezone to Singapore.Image

2. then in the add-in I use Office.context.mailbox.item.start.getAsync() to get the start time. I receive the following string:

Thu Oct 25 2018 01:00:00 GMT+0200 (Central European Daylight Time)

As you can see it's added 8h to set time instead of changing a timezone.

I'd like to get the timezone set by the user or at least not shift the time. This is really misleading and causes time differences. I'd like to add that Office.context.mailbox.convertToUtcClientTime(); and Office.context.mailbox.convertToLocalClientTime() do nothing than converting from string to object.

9 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Niko shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Christian Frommeyer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a major issue to us. It basically means that the time an Add-In gets is only accurate at +-12h depending on the selected Timezones. This is not acceptable for a calendaring tool.

Feedback and Knowledge Base