On-Attach feature for Outlook Add-Ins
It would be awesome to have an on-attach feature for outlook add-ins much like the on-send feature. When the user tries to attach a file while composing an email, the add-in gets a callback to inspect the attachment (type, size, etc.). Then the add-in should be allowed to open its task pane for related actions.
For example, consider iPhone. If we want to email a large file:
- The phone's email client detects that the email is too large to attach directly
- It asks me if I want to share via MailDrop
- If i say yes the file is uploaded to MailDrop in the background and a link is sent
Google does the same in gmail:
- You can send up to 25 MB in attachments. If you have more than one attachment, they can't add up to more than 25 MB.
- If your file is greater than 25 MB, Gmail automatically adds a Google Drive link in the email instead of including it as an attachment.
So, file storage platforms will benefit immensely with the introduction of this functionality in outlook add-ins.