Feedback by UserVoice

I suggest you ...

Office Apps for all Clients Applications

I saw a lot of devs and customers being confused caused by the point that Apps are not available across all Office client applications. Especially OneNote would be a great benefit. OneNote is one of the best Apps I've ever used. Can't imagine my daily business without OneNote. We've collected several ideas which would enhance OneNote even more and make customer more productive.

51 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Thorsten Hans shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Andy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Onenote is a great idea. But it lacks any functionality. OneNote 10 is a major step back. Its even worse. If you guys aren't going to provide functionality, at least open up VBS or Add-in functionality so we can fix it ourselves.

OneNote 10 is just WordPad, +File Organizer, +Paint3D.

You have the code already, it would seem modular enough to roll in some functionality from Word or Excel.

You cant do the most basic things in OneNote 10. Want to rotate a printout that the application imported sideways (since there arent settings for it). Nope. Cant. Change font? Cant. I could go on and on and on. It has got to be the least supported application in history in terms of # of users/vs effort to develop. Its no Word or Excel or Outlook or Powerpoint, but each of those get a VBS interface at least.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please do improve the API and Office Apps support for OneNote. If I could develop Office Apps for OneNote with the Office.js platform I would have already launched an app. The visual studio and COM platform setup right now is confusing and providing a high barrier to entry despite my intrest in developing for the platform.

Feedback and Knowledge Base