Feedback by UserVoice

I suggest you ...

Provide Apps for Office testing guidance or samples

I am prototyping a task pane app for Apps for Office. I intend to deploy this on the desktop version of Excel as well as Excel Online in various browsers (IE, chrome, firefox). Currently, I am unsure of the proper way to test the interaction of my task pane App with the Excel spreadsheet. For instance, when my app inserts a table into the Excel Spreadsheet, what tool should I use to verify that a table was inserted into the sheet. For the desktop version of Excel, Coded UI seems usable. However, for online versions of Excel, it is does not seem possible to resolve cells/objects from the spreadsheet in the browser. It would be great if the Apps for Office team could give guidance, sample projects, or even provide a framework for developers to test their Apps against the various Excel endpoints. Perhaps you could even describe how you test internally. I think providing this sort of information would ultimately raise the quality of the Apps that developers build for the Office store. Thanks!

4 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Scott Harrison shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

0 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon