Feedback by UserVoice

I suggest you ...

Drag and Drop

As you are supporting so many document events for Getting and
Setting the Data using office.js
Hence we are developing office apps 90% code using Jquery and javascript,but not all the events are supported that supported by Jquery.

I need some drag and drop kind facility for dropping "ooxml" kind of data to docuement.

128 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Viswanath Patel shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

13 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Charlie Oliver commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any updates? We are still developing new VSTO work without this feature.
    We need a way to transfer items from outlook to another application.
    Items to transfer: emails, attachments on emails (if I drag an email I want it's attachments too) and also attachments on their own.

• atti commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please consider the requirements for Drag and Drop. IT would make many user interactions much simpler when you just move something from Pane to Sheet and vice versa not having to always select cell first, etc.

Any update? Sorry, but it will be one year since your "needs more information" respond.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Before the last update, I could drag and drop emails into respective folders. Now I have to click on it, go to move bring up the listing select move and click enter................ Get your shit together guys...

Moreover, it would be great also to support D&D feedback so customized icons can be shown.

I agree with the previous comment with one more requirement that D&D from sheet to taskpane should work.
    Moreover, it would be great if D&D from task pane could generate UDF (once implemented in JS API) in the target cell or would allow to show some custom dialog (to select what to do).

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We want to allow users to drag and drop a tree view item from the task pane app (we're using jstree in the app) onto the Excel sheet.
    Depending on the item dropped, data from a web service will be retrieved and pasted into the Excel sheet.

• Martin Seifert commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

- Slides, Documents, Worksheets, Charts, Pictures/Media, OOxml containing anything
    - supported hosts: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and OneNote

It is must have from usability perspective. It is much easier to drag/drop than manually selecting cell and then again going to task pane to e.g. insert value.

• Peter Lindlau commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You are now reviewing this for about one and a half years - is it dead?
    I really think it is rather importand to provide drag and drop...

Feedback and Knowledge Base