Feedback by UserVoice

I suggest you ...

Provide a way to create a distribution group

In Azure AD we're unable to create a mail-enabled group via Graph API.

58 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Tomas Prokop shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Sonia Bounardjian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There's also the issue of not being able to list dynamic distribution groups through Graph. Several customers report that these types of groups are in use in their Office 365. It would be nice to complete the picture of all the groups they have in their tenant.

• Steve commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a must as Office 365 Groups cannot be nested, cannot have more than 2500 users and creates all kinds of other objects that we do not want for the majority of our DLs. We are building a custom solution and we are having to create remote runspaces on Exchange Online when it would be so much more reliable using Graph.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Currently the GraphAPI's do not support adding or removing members to Distribution Lists. The API's do support adding or removing members for o365 Groups, Security groups, and Mail-Enabled security groups. It would be great if that same functionality was supported for DL's.

• Michał Smereczyński commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1. I have client who needs it and I must build dedicated, linux-based solution instead of use Office 365. Is there some ETA for this feature?

Feedback and Knowledge Base