Feedback by UserVoice

I suggest you ...

Allow edits made by Office.js API functions (setDataAsync et. al.) to be 'undone' with Ctrl-z

Right now, an app makes changes to the sheet, there's no way for the user to undo those changes (or their previous changes).

44 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Andrea De Gouveia commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Dear @Michael Zlatkovsky,

Is there any update in the request of "undoing user's changes" for JavaScript Excel API? Where can I find it?

Thanks,

• Francis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Edits made with the API should have control over their affect on the undo queue so that they can meet user expectations.

For example, if I'm storing some data in a hidden cell, I should be able to do that without it ending up on the undo queue. If I'm making a series of changes, I should be able to make sure they all end up in a single undo on the undo queue, or, if I want break them up into a few discrete undos as appropriate.

• Jim Barrett commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please consider in your review that ANY Excel.Run(..) call clears the undo history/buffer, even if the Excel.Run(..) is only doing READ operations on the sheet. For example, a call to get the current selected range breaks Undo -- ctx.workbook.getSelectedRange().load();

Feedback and Knowledge Base