Feedback by UserVoice

I suggest you ...

Add User Defined function support to the Apps for Office Excel APIs

Add User Defined function support to the Apps for Office Excel APIs so that users can enter formulas in excel. User Defined Functions are one of the most powerful features of Excel (and some competitor spreadsheets products now available in the web). They are critical for us to make our Apps for Office product as powerful as our legacy on premise product.

329 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Darryl shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

32 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Kevin Thompson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is there any estimate of if/when this will be released to the public? I'm trying to decide between a VBA add-in and a javascript add-in. The latter is preferable, but not if the feature won't be released for a long time.

• Murugananth S commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Team,

I am trying to implement custom functions in VS2017 but due to manifest error not able to do.

Error : DesktopFormFactor need to use instead FormFactor.

• Murugananth S commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Team,
        I am not able to use with task pane in sample application. Can you please suggest how to include custom functions in sample application.

• Nathan Jackson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is one of the features that's preventing me from beginning to port over a fairly large library of legacy VBA code into JavaScript.

• Tie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello team, i have seen a tag `custom-functions-excel` in StackOverflow, it seems that there is some update, right?

• Tie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi team, I was told that there should have been some news around the 12th of May. So is there any update?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is going to be a huge on Excel lovers.

Looking forward to an update on this.

• Andy Comley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Its hard to see how any addin for Excel can look like its working alongside Excel without this feature. At the moment Excel addins look totally disconnected with the rest of Excel functionality. Users want close integration between addins and Excel - so the ability to hook into the formula mechanism is a key part of that.

• Bob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why was this important feature released in first version? And even more it is not scheduled in recent release? Without it, I don't think the Office API can support us to do a real addin product.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base