I suggest you ...

Expand Napa Monaco Editor to allow typescript language editing, better jsdoc tags, fix global function resolution.

Hello,
I am working with the "Napa" Office 365 Development Tools and really want to get this to work smarter for our company. We are using this is conjuction with Visual Studio 2013 and of course we know that there are many things that VS can do to help in development. I deliberately want to have certain parts of Monaco to work better so I do not have to switch away for what I consider to be small app scenarios.

1. jsdoc support - please increase the number of tags that can be used. I can use @param and that even is only partial (it does not carry forward the parameter type). @type @return would be most useful (with type info actually carrying through). Also @constructor @constant @exports @function @global.

2. global function in js support - when we use triple slash reference to have multiple javascript files in one project, we still get not defined errors. We can see correct signatures on hovering and if we put our jsdoc comments in the proper locations, we can see it resolve some documentation information (partial - see issue #1).

3. typescript language editing support - the editor knows a lot about the language but will not let you natively edit those files. especially to have initial file editing for ambient type declarations. both .ts and .d.ts files.

It just makes things smoother and would correct all my pending *false* errors that slow down development.

10 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Yemi BeduYemi Bedu shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Yemi,

Thank your for your feedback! This request is from some time back and we have since discontinued Napa. We recommend taking a look at Script Lab which lets you do many of the same things and also supports TypeScript. You can check it out here: https://github.com/OfficeDev/script-lab/blob/master/README.md#top Let us know if you have any feedback on Script lab.

Thanks!
    Office Extensibility Team

0 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service