I suggest you ...

Provide Mail App Compose appointment functionality to manage resources

In compose app scenario there is no way to manage resources.
1. if you open a meeting in OWA that has resources configured, you cannot access to this resources.
2. if you create a meeing in Outlook and you add "Room Mailboxes" as required or optional attendees, OL resolve those partecipants as Resources and you can no longer manage those elements.

54 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    ciusso shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Microsoft any news on this item? Is it on the roadmap? Didn't noticed any recent changes to the Outlook office js API. Does it still has focus?

@Microsoft any news on this item? Is it on the roadmap? Didn't noticed any recent changes to the Outlook office js API. Does it still has focus?

Please provide mailbox.item.resources.setAsync() in a compose calendar addin like your provide mailbox.item.requiredAttendees.setAsync().
        I am looking for a way for my Outlook compose addin to add a room resource to the appointment. I want it to behave like the out of the box "Add Room" function in Outlook. That is, I want the room added to Location field and the recipient list such that when I send the appointment the room will show Busy. I also want the Appointment to recognize it has a room resources. That is I want the "Add Room" button to change to "Change Room".

Feedback and Knowledge Base